Wedding Albums From Mpix?

Discussion in 'Wedding and Event' started by michaelsmiller, Mar 19, 2010.

1. I am looking to purchase some albums(hard cover or cheaper style flip books) for my own marketing purposes(show clients at meetings, have in my studio, samples for purchase, etc) and I wanted to know if anyone has had their albums made through Mpix and what your results were...
    1. What is the quality like?
    2. Are they professional enough looking?
    3. Do they allow individual client customization?
    4. Are they overpriced compared to other companies who make the same types of product?
    If this isn't the right place to use for custom wedding or portfolio albums, who would you use instead?
    Thanks
    Miller

2. Nobody has used Mpix?!?

3. I would not use Mpix, if you want to give it a go,
    Arista Albums in NY do a great job with their hard cover leather bound flush mount books, if you want something cheaper, you can try the Epixel, or PE Photo.
    Good Luck.
    Greg
    http://www.treasurethemoments.net

4. 1. suggest you order a book and decide on quality for yourself.
    2. same as above
    3. Call their customer service and ask.
    4. Do some price comparing for yourself.
    3 of 4 of your questions request subjective opinions which may or may not be accurate. I think you need to do a little legwork yourself and determine yourself if they are a company you'd like to use (especially since you're not getting many replies here). People are biased towards certain companies for one reason or another.

5. Cheap books make you look cheap. I'd go with Leather Craftsmen or Finao.

6. I have never had a couple complain about an album I have had printed by Bay Photo. They have an easy to use template-driven design utility if you're not comfortable with Photoshop or other publishing tools (though I highly recommend learning it so you can have more control), their customer service has always been dependable, and their prices are reasonable.

7. 1. What is the quality like?
    The covers are great. Fully customizable and the glossy cover looks good. The pages are durable and a high quality.
    2. Are they professional enough looking?
    For a hard cover book, yes. If you are looking for an album, check out Miller’s Professional Imaging. www.millerslab.com
    3. Do they allow individual client customization?
    Mpix has a free software that you can download. This software lets you customize the covers and every page. You can add images and text as you wish.
    4. Are they overpriced compared to other companies who make the same types of product?
    $50-$65 for a custom cover book. Pretty fairly priced in comparison to other labs.