Website Update

mark_anderson33

<p>My biggest problem with your site is the slideshows and/or galleries seem to be ruining your work. There is a lot of pixelation that makes it impossible to see what your work really looks like. There was a shot of a little girl that was pixelated so badly I literally couldn't see her eyes, they were lost behind jagged pixels. I'd look into those slide shows and figure out what it is that is causing this. If nothing else, maybe the solution is to resize all of your work manually in photoshop and making sure the sizes are all consistent.</p>

<p>1) Do you have a license for Simply Red's music? If not, you should take down the music, unless you think anyone that wants to can put your photos on their website or CD cover. You don't even give attribution. And all the other music you lifted. You have a license?<br></p><p><br></p><p>2) There's no button to turn off the music.</p><p><br></p><p>3) I didn't bother to go any further. I'm not into sites that lift people's stuff.<br></p>

<p>Thanks for the feedback Ryan, I noted the same ...using webplus x2.. looking for an alternative to increase quality of pictures/images.<br>

Jeff, thank you for the insight. I do not wish to "steal" music. I am actively investigating licencing through BMI, and agree they ought to receive the royalties for this licencing fees sir, as I have been personally involved in the music industry for years. If anyone places my photos on their website or Cd cover and be proud as a peacock. Thanks for visiting and input though .</p>

<p>Hey Guys I think it is a good thing you are so candid in your comments. It is a help when people are straight-up and honest! I was considering what music to use for a slideshow I want to put on YouTube and managed to come across some royality free piano music. I was thinking about using some artists' work and wondered if giving credits on the video would suffice. Guess not eh!<br>

I moved my website to imagepro a while back, http://briancarey.photography.com/ . I do have space on BlueHost but my problem is designing the site. While I do have a technology background I had difficulty putting together a professional site. Any ideas, or perhaps I'll have to bite the bullet and pay a pro to design it!</p>

<p>Thanks<br>

Brian Carey</p>

<p>I am not in the business of making money with my photos, I do makes some, so I do not worry too much about what people think about my site. I have started using youtube to place slide shows, that takes care of the music part. Learn how to embed the youtube video to work for you if want music and don't want to worry about the license, Google took care of that part, thanks Google. Youtube has controls for the music. People can pause and view any image they want to, they do, I have people comment such as "that is me" at 7:34 of the video slide show.<br>

People can always mute the sound system, Jeff;-) I myself find most music annoying but have found that people like to have noise around them most of the time.</p>