Website templates/design

amy cupp

I need your all's opinion in who you recommend for a nice website template. I

had previously posted about bludomain. I really love their sites and can only

afford the 200.00 right now, but I am concerned about their customer service.

I know they are slammed right now but I am just a little bit scared : ) I have

looked at several threads on this and I also found a company called

photobiz.com that seems to offer more for your money.... I guess my question

is, do you have a 200.00 or so site and if so who did you use and do you like

it? I do not plan on getting my website individually designed because I cant

afford that right now. I would like to have atleast 2 galleries, a blog, about

me, pricing page, and html or flash option and be able to customize it a bit

so that it does not look like a cookie cutter site.

Thanks Yall!

I have been with photobiz.com since before they were photobiz. :) I've only used them for online proofing, but their customer service is WONDERFUL! The tech guy (I can't remember his name) calls you on the phone and stays on the phone with you until the problem is fixed. Very nice.

<p/>

Have you looked at <a href= "http://www.creativemotiondesign.com">Creative Motion Design<a/>?? More than $200 but well worth their weight in gold.

I tried to check them out earlier, but it took to long to load and then I forgot to go back... I just did and I like them, but I cant afford them yet. I really like blu domains sites and now a lot their customers are starting to back them up on their blog, apparantally they had a server down. I saw that photobiz was like 25/month for the proofing, not bad. I may add that. I have an idea of exactly how I want my site to look, but it wont happen until I get more money, but I need a website before I do any advertising.... so I have to get something in the meantime. By the way my domain will be iheartpix.com and amycupp.com and cuppphotography.com will hopefully be set up to link into it. I want something edgy and fresh looking, but I want my best work to sell, not the site, if you get what I mean.

I use foliosnap right now until I can save up for blu domain. They don't offer online proofing so I use pictology for proofing. The lowest package is $19/mo and no set up fees or contracts. You can have a flash homepage (like mine). It is no website to be oohed or ahhed by but it works for now.

For free, spaces and templates to get experimenting at :

https://www.blogger.com/start

You get which template to be choosen, at certain step of "Create an account" procedure. Once signed-in, You can even open, access to template's HTML code and modify it.

If You scroll people's blogs, You find someone was able to insert Creative Motion things, too.

You may open a blog of these as Your Home-page, well; then in the Template HTML You insert a linkage to a free-storage fotogallery. I can say: http://www.gallery.camera-info.com/index.php

Free best greetings from Italy

Hi Amy,

My husband and I made my site. He did the programming and I did the graphic design. Thanks! That's a great compliment. We DID get our gallery viewer from a template, though. It was only $20 and you can find them at http://www.flashrelief.com.

If I didn't have a programmer for a husband, I'd definitely go with bludomain. I think some of their stuff is really nice. Very simple; not too overdone.

Good luck picking something out!

Thanks for all of the suggestions, some really nice sites. I thought I had my mind set on blu, but now eerrrrrr, I am back to square one. I have narrowed it down to smugmug pro account, bludomain 200.00 template (either maria or mini 1) or photobiz.com which has a special for 125.00 and includes hosting...Cons of photobiz.com - you have to process the order and they do not print. Smugmug does it all, but I heard their sites are hard to customize if you do not know html, etc. Blu looks fresh, nice, pretty but I am not sold yet.... Got to decide today.

Why not just register your own domain name and go with a normal hosting site and build your own site? It's really not that hard to build and maintain your own site. I think we pay about $4.95 a month for our paper's site, and it's kept updated by the reporters. As for photo gallery's, both Photoshop and Lightroom are able to create webgallery's pretty much at the click of a button. And if you use a flash template for the gallery, then they cannot right click and download a picture.

Greetings out there! New to the photo.net forum...

I have an inexpensive blu sight & I love it. My sight has only been up for about 3 months, and I have to say that my customer service has been fabulous. Any correspondance/email were returned within an hour or two during business hours. Very responsive, very user friendly. Ultimately, I am very pleased with the site & with the customer service.

Because I am just starting I went with an inexpensive simplyblu template & am hoping to have another (more extensive) site dedicated just to weddings within a year or two.

• 3 months later...

I just signed up for photobiz.com and so far it's amazing! the templates are almost identical to bludomain... the same gallery layout with the scrolling thumbnails... only difference really is that the photobiz sites don't let you customize the music... they have preset music that you can choose from....... otherwise it's great. they're having a sale right now -- $150 flash sites (reg $200, $50 registration usually $100) and they offer multiple pages, galleries, slideshows, proofing, AND SHOPPING CART!!! sooo much great value for the price!

www.nuena.com (check soon site is in transition)

• 2 years later...