www.jefalkphoto.com

Basically not only has he ripped off my website code but has also used

my pictures as his own. Be sure to check out the prices/2006

section...my logo is still on there.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jeff, that URL doesn't work. Maybe he took it down already.

I've been known to "borrow" some code, but using another photog's pictures? Dems fighting words.

It may be somewhat innocent. He might have used an offline reader to download your site so that he can use it as a template to do his own. He shouldn't have made it public though.

If it pops back up, you can track down his ISP, and tell them that he's violating copy right. The ISP has to pull it down at that point.

Jeff,

While imitation may mean flattery, nothing beats a cease & desist letter from your attorney! Thankfully he pulled it before you had to pursue it in a different manner. By the way, you're wedding photography is beautiful, very inspirational. I love your website, very elegant and easy to view (although I'm not going to steal your code!). Happy shooting,

Duane

Jeff,

You typed in the URL wrong. The actual address is:

http://www.jfalkphoto.com/

The landing page is down but the other sub-pages you have screen captures of are still up. E.g.:

http://www.jfalkphoto.com/port30.htm

http://www.jfalkphoto.com/port25.htm

It looks like he had a spider download your entire site, added his logo and put it up as is.

He has his photo number and email address on his site (http://www.jfalkphoto.com/contact.htm) but here is some more info should you and your favorite lawyer want to talk to him.

http://www.whois.org/whois.cgi2?d=jfalkphoto.com

I hope this helps!

David

The website is still there.

You just typed it out wrongly.

Try

www.jfalkphoto.com

or

www.jfalkphoto.com/port1.htm

MUAHAHAH...HE COPIED EVERYTHING...EVEN USES YOUR PHOTOS!!!!

Even has a photo of him in there.

From the RipOffs site

"With his photographic roots very early in life, his style and deep passion for photography and specifically wedding photojournalism has gained a profound respect for nearly 20 years."

"Most importantly, the 1Ds images provide a level of versatility that is simply not possible using film. ?It gives the customer the full latitude to explore each and every image in any style of color or B/W.? The reported number one reason that this particular equipment is not generally in the Wedding photography mainstream? - is simply its overwhelming cost factors; costing many times that of the professional 35mm film systems."

He's claiming your Leica pictures came from his 1Ds. By the way, didn't know you're based in Derby, UK. I always thought you were american. I live in Stoke-on-Trent which is only about 40 minutes away. It's been terrible weather these past few weeks.

I've had a couple of emails from the guy. I rang his place and told his wife to take the site down at 2am this morning. He told me that this was unprofessional...LOL

Funny, I thought ripping someone's site off was considered unprofessional...

He has put it down to an innocent mistake....:)))

Ripping off the code is bad but using someone else's pictures as your own is just plain evil...especially in the wedding photography business. The least he could have done was put down his own pictures before uploading the site.

And i can't believe he had the cheek to say that you were unprofessional.

By the way, how'd you find out about his(your) website?

Looks like it's gone now.

You'll always get look-a-likes because the Internet is like the proverbial infinite number of Monkeys one day knocking out the Complete Workes of Shakespeare, there so many sites and users. And only a finite number of web-designers and design packages.

But to hardly make an effort is a bit dim!

Kevin (Warwickshire UK based) and my web-site is all my own work lol!

How I found out...

Basically he copied my entire site including my Sitemeter. Everytime his site got a hit, it showed up in my sitemeter stats. He got a hit from DPChallenge so I went to go and look, thinking it was my site that had been mentioned. That's how I stumbled on his site.

Jeff,

I enjoyed the part in the DPChallenge thread where Mr. Falk apparently has a problem with you phoning him at 2am. If he copied web sites from his own time zone, maybe it wouldn't be such an inconvenience for him next time.

Removing your stuff from would be a minute's work, and yet he's *still* got your pages & jpegs up on his server. Incredible.