Website redesigned... please critique!

photoluxe_amanda

<p>Hello everyone!</p>

<p>I have recently (as in this week) redesigned my website, and I'm hoping a few of you will take a look at it and give me some constructive feedback. I can say that it looks pretty consistent with how I designed it on my Mac in Firefox and Safari, but I'm concerned about how it looks for others.</p>

<p>Thanks for your time!</p>

<p><a href="http://www.photoluxestudios.com">http://www.photoluxestudios.com</a></p>

<p>I took a quick look. The landing page loaded fast. I appreciate the clean, simple design and navigation. Information pages are brief and to the point, I like that too. One major bug; when viewing the gallery images, the logo and pictures overlap. Small nit pics are; some of the images appeared a little on the dark side against the bright background. On the landing page slideshow, the rounded corners of the images appear rough and inconsistent from one image to the next. Lastly, some of the gallery thumbnails and arrows didn't respond to mouse clicks.<br /> After making changes to your page, be sure to clear the cache on your browser each time.</p>

<p>Consider using Javascript instead of Flash for the slideshow on the front page. I personally prefer to only use Flash if the same results cannot be achieved without it.</p>

<p>And as mentioned above:</p>

<ul>

<li>The gallery controls in the upper right hand corner do not work because there are elements on top of them.</li>

<li>The viewed gallery images sticking outside of the rectangle but behind the logo seems a little strange and might not be intended.</li>

</ul>

<p>Thanks for taking the time to look!</p>

<p>I'm aware of the issues with the sizing on the gallery page, and trying to work out a way to fix it. I am definitely NOT a good web designer/ coder, so I'm working with WYSIWYG. Also thanks for the feedback about the rounded corner images, that's something that I need to work on, and I'll reexamine my image selection.</p>