Website Opinions

<p>Re-evaluate your photos you've got in the various galleries. Some are pretty good but some have white balance or focus issues(especially in the 'portraits' gallery. I wouldn't lead off your wedding gallery with a picture of a jar of beans and some flowers, use your best wedding pics only. Take out the one of the guy/girl lighting a candle, it is blurred pretty badly. There are some cute pics in there, but also some that should go.</p>

<p>Pricing would be pretty specific to your area, you might see what comparable photogs in the area charge.</p>

<p>The overall design is good. I like it. The word "Off" next to the equalizer would be nice. I agree with Nathan that some of the images seemed dark or could have had better lighting, but that's just my personal view. Otherwise, I confused the portrait with gallery, so maybe another descriptive word, eg. "Sessions", etc.) might help. Thanks for sharing and good luck.</p>

<p>I have to agree with Don in that I do not like music on a site, often will make me ignore the site and go somewhere else, it's so myspaceish (if you know what I mean).<br>

The time to load the first page (presumably due to the flash) is annoying, I cannot remember if there is a load indicator but I don't remember seeing one, something to show would be nice. Maybe the flash can show a load indicator, download the first photo and then do the rest in the background. I'm not sure if it's trying to download the entire set of photos or not but it is quite slow (maybe the flash is just large).<br>

It appears a little disjointed the menu system. On one hand you use the menu at the bottom which is a url to a new page, but on the other hand you have the nice selection in flash for the Gallery. Personally I would try and remain consistent throughout so that the navigation mechanism flows. On the navigation for the Gallery, i wouldn't move the text to the top for the one highlighted, to me it's a distraction. Also if the text was bigger and wasn't just white (it's also very coarse when it moves to the top), maybe a transparency of some sort would look a bit better and change the text to a brighter option.<br>

I love the photo browser and how each picture stands out as it comes into view, very nice.<br>

I love he sizing of the size, it feels very nice and is comfortable to browse from a size point of view.<br>

I like the colours you've selected for the header/footer and how you have the header and footer in ratio to the main part of the site.<br>

I also agree with Nathan on some of the photos. One stood out to me that appears washed out, kinda looked flat between all the nice ones.<br>

Overall very nice Jessica, good luck with your website.<br>

James.</p>

• 4 weeks later...