Website hosting - payment - contact help

paulie_smith1

<p>Am looking at doing a website for some of my work. Have checked out printroom, zenfolio, and a few others.<br>

One problem is payment. Some only use PayPal which means I lose the commission from the site as well as PayPal taking a cut. That, I want to avoid as PP has had too many problems in the past for me to trust them as well as not wanting to lose another 3% to them.<br>

Another is contact when help is needed. Some don't believe in telephone contact. When I am having a computer problem and can't get into the thing for some reason - I can't go online and get their help. A phone call to a real person is needed. Why aren't more offering help that is available by phone? Ran into this before and cancelled the service as help was only on-line, and I could not get on-line to use it.<br>

Lots of images, with a mix of my printing my own in B&W and alt processes and an online lab printing color. Reliable and easy to deal with. Am I really looking for too much here?</p>

<p>It's not clear if you want a third party to take your clients' payments, and then to write you a check once in a while, or if you want them to host a process that processes payments made into an account that you have with a card clearing operation depositing directly to an account of yours. <br /><br />There is no online payment process that is without a percentage load on the transaction. If you are using a third party to handle this stuff for you, they're just going to bury those costs within the larger fee they collect from you for handling the transaction.<br /><br />Services that have a human being waiting there to handle your calls 24x7 are going to have to charge you significantly more in order to make that available to you. That part makes perfect sense.<br /><br />If you can't reliably access the internet, you're going to have trouble regularly conducting this sort of business.</p>

• 7 months later...
<p>Another is contact when help is needed. Some don't believe in telephone contact. When I am having a computer problem and can't get into the thing for some reason - I can't go online and get their help. A phone call to a real person is needed. Why aren't more offering help that is available by phone? Ran into this before and cancelled the service as help was only on-line, and I could not get on-line to use it. <a href="http://callingbook.com/">callingbook</a></p>