Website feedback and SEO...

Discussion in 'Website Creation' started by o_hr, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Hi everyone...

Great site you've got here. I'm not a photographer myself, but as I will explain I'm really hoping to get some great tips and suggestions on this site, and I imagine it will be mostly from within this area of the forum.
    In the last year I've been developing and maintaining a website for my partners new Photography business, which I'd really appreciate some feedback on...
    www.capturedheartsphotography.co.uk
    It's an ongoing process and I tend to add and adjust bits incrementally in my free time.
    Whilst we're both quite happy with the design and functionality of the website so far, there has been one source of continued frustration, which I'm sure a lot of you might be familiar with and it's those three dreaded letters...SEO.
    I've been through numerous 'SEO secrets' articles and tried my best to adjust a lot of the various technical parameters to improve the ranking but it just doesn't seem to be happening.
    Ideally, I'd like the site to appear in searches related to photography services in the north east of England, but other than searching for the business name itself, I just don't seem to be getting anywhere with it. For example a search for North East wedding photography doesn't bring the site up in any of the first 30 pages...
    I know it can sometimes be a long process but in terms of search rankings I've not seen much improvement over the months. I know Google adwords can sometimes be something of a shortcut, but as I understand it Adwords can be an expensive venture if you're not targeting the correct demographics.
    Anyway, apologies for waffling on, this is the first time I suppose I've showcased the website looking for any sort of advice or constructive criticism, so it's all appreciated.
    Thanks very much
    Cheers