website critiques, comments, suggestions

martindomok

<p>Hello fellow photographers,<br>

<br />I have put together a website, as a portfolio, mostly, to show my future wedding clients or anyone who needs a photographer in my area. <br>

Please, have a look a critique, web site and pictures as well. <br>

<br />Domain: <br>

www.mdpix.sk<br>

<br />Thanks, <br /><br />Martin </p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Hello Martin,<br>

Pleasant looking website and awesome photos. Just some small remarks from an amateur designer and photographer I may call myself.<br>

The grey nuance in the website's background blunts the contrast; in my opinion, the classical black would be far more elegant and classy, and you need that note as a wedding photographer. Also, try replacing the orange outline with some transparent tabs and no line, as it would look slightly more "modern". The social sharing buttons (Google + and Twitter) fly from left to right as you enter a tab and I don't think this is an intentional effect. <br>

As for the contact form, it would be more useful for your time management if you ask more specific questions. I suggest you include at least a dropdown list called "Topic" - with options such as Quote request, venue reservation, website inquiries, other. This way a primary conversation with the person has already taken place when they submit the form. A friend of mine, owner of a photo studio, has put such detailed forms on her webpage (done with 123ContactForm) and is speeding up her sales this way.<br>

One more question: why don't you give some more details to the photos, e.g. location taken, beside the numbers?<br>

To sum things up, promising project. Good luck!</p>

• 1 month later...