Website critique

sean_odonnell

I am entering my second full year as a wedding photographer and decided to re do my website. I was hoping that some of the helpful

people from this forum could let me know what they think, and what areas stick out as needing improvement.

www.picturethis4life.com

Thank you in advance

Sean

<p>Images are good, layout is good, but I don't care for the banner, it looks like something a kid quickly made. "Picture this 4 Life" has a funny tint, the fringe of the letters is slightly blue. I de-saturated and I didn't like it either. Minor words are normally not capitalized, but "this" is an important word in this context and maybe it should be. Maybe a border around the banner to make it wider? I do think you are correct to keep the banner neutral in color, you don't want to clash with the images.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>what areas stick out as <em><strong>needing improvement</strong></em>.</p>

<p> </p>

</blockquote>

<p>There are apostrophes missing and also spelling mistakes on the “Philosophy” page.</p>

<p>On the “Meet Sean" page it states <em>“The picture to the left is my amazing family.”</em> – I only see a picture of a man.</p>

<p>I would like to know how the “Value” is calculated – if I were looking as a prospect, I would “smell fish” on that page: as there appears not any other options and prices listed – but I am a prospect who reckons the prices, always.</p>

<p>***</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>I was hoping that some of the helpful people from this forum could <strong><em>let me know what they think.</em></strong></p>

<p> </p>

</blockquote>

<p>I am not keen on the business name, it appears to slick for me – but that is neither here nor there as part of the other question you asked, so, I removed it from my mind, when making the comments above.</p>

<p>On a quick look (looking as a prospective client NOT as a “website critique”) part of your promise to me is “attention to detail” – and also another promise is “to be a friend to me” . . .</p>

<p>OK I may be an old dog and the road is hard – but I see lack of attention to detail and the “Value” comments in the pricing makes me wonder why you want to be my friend. Many Bride’s have Fathers: and sometimes Daddy pays the bill - maybe some of the prospective Wives and Husbands would see these elements, too.</p>

<p>WW</p>

<p>This is a common mistake: you don't tell us where you're located on the home page, the contact page, the meet-the-photographer page, or the info page. Your location (and preferred shooting area) should be all over your site, but at least on those pages. You offer to have coffee with me, but that could be an expensive proposition for one or both of us if you live across the country.</p>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td valign="top"> </td>

<td valign="top" width="99%">

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<p>Noticed some updates.</p>

<p>FYI -</p>

<p>On the “Philosophy” Page . . .<br>

The apostrophes missing are:</p>

<p>(Lets) “<em>Let’s be honest, there are many photographers . . .</em> (apostrophe of contraction: “let us”)<br>

(worlds) <em>“to work with the world’s best vendors . . .</em> (apostrophe of noun’s possession)</p>

<p>The spelling error is:</p>

<p>(then) <em>“these sessions usually take no more than an hour and really helps us get to know one another.</em></p>

<p>To be ultra “correct” you might like to look at hyphenated compound nouns/gerunds:<br>

(one of a kind), but this is a tad archaic – but maybe suitable to use, as it does create an emphasis<br>

<em>“me to deliver you one-of-a-kind pieces of art that will grace your home for generations to come. </em></p>

<p><em>“jewelry”</em> made me flinch, but it is spelled correctly for Webster.</p>

<p>The read and flow is good.</p>

<p>WW </p>

<p> </p>