Website Critique

Sanford

<p>Well... at the risk of sounding cruel....<br>

I think you need to edit down a bit, something we're all guilty of. Choose your 10 best shots and stick to that. I think that there is a difference between photography and photgraphs, i would suggest that your stuff may slip into the latter. TBH that may be unfair as I lost interest wading through so many shots. What for example is "North Coast" all about? Or Marina Air Faire"....?</p>

<p>Less is more. Scale it down. Good luck</p>

<p>Sanford,<br>

I dont feel qualified to evaluate your pictures so I will stick to your website.<br>

The first version of my website used the same iWeb template. I changed it when I found seven other photography sites using it. I was already thinking of changing because it was so slow loading (visible banding as it loads) and half the screen is just black space.<br>

Your name and address dominates the site. I have worked in media analysis and only 20% of the content below the "scroll line" is ever seen. You are using most of that for your name, phone number and email address. Make a contact page for things like an address and phone number. If they see you pictures and like them, they will find your number but no one is going to choose your pictures because you have a nice phone number.<br>

The header "My Albums" makes it seem like these are your personal pictures rather than a photography site. I would move "Sanford Edelstein Photography" to where "My Albums" is.<br>

You spent the money to buy a domain name but your email address is "@sbcglobal" Your host (GoDaddy?) should offer email forwarding. Make a "sanford@edelsteinphoto.com." Also, remove your email address and replace it with an "email" link or you will start getting flooded with spam from email harvesters. <br>

Remove the hit counter. Its nice for the ego but has no place on a commercial site. Use Google Analytics to track your hits.<br>

Change the links for returning to the parent page to "back" instead of "Return to index"<br>

I cant stress enough how much you want to use a non-iWeb template. I love iWeb but its just not up to making a commercial site. It does not scale at all but at the same time, its so easy to use, everyone uses it! I switched to Rapidweaver. It has a unique way of doing things but once you get used to but, it is very fast and powerful.<br>

Good Luck!<br>

Rob<br>

PS - Im just on the other side of the hill in Monterey.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice gentlemen. I can see I need to work on this thing both editorially and design wise. It was put together mainly to answer the questions: "what kind of work do you do?" and "do you have photos of...?" On the later I wanted to be able to email individual pages with all my contact info on each page. Thanks for taking the time to look.</p>