Website Critique

don_giles2

<p>what are you trying to convey with the site? Are you looking to attract customers or is it a site for 'here are my pics if you want to look'?</p>

<p>My first thought is that there is too much gap from top to bottom...when I first went there I thought I was waiting for something to load, then realized I had to scroll down to your navigation bar....it wasn't initially visible on my laptop. I'd definitely add to the 'portraits' gallery as the only pic I saw was a kid crying. 'Ruins' had me thinking of some old castle or ruins in greece...not so much 'steel', maybe name it 'steel'. All of the galleries come up with part of the pic cropped to where I need to scroll down to see all of them, may not happen on desktops, but does on my laptop.</p>

I like the design, but I think i would make your Don Giles Photography logo on just one line, so that it

would take up less space. On a smaller monitor, the rest of your website is pushed down and you have to

scroll down to it. I'm also not digging the blue colored html links on the black background, it's a little hard

to see. I'd make them white or something that fits more with your theme and leave them underlined so that

people know they are a link. I used to also have a problem with my site of people not knowing right off how

to get back to the main page by clicking on the logo. I personally would add a "home" link on there too.

Other than that I am digging the design and the faded out picture on the main page. I have always thought

for the most part that photos stand out better on pages with dark backgrounds.

~Corey

<p>I like the opening but I agree with nathan that it seems like you are waiting for something.</p>

<p>Im actually ok with the logo placement by have you thought of making the first letters bold and using "DGP" as a brand?</p>

<p>The setup of your galleries forces the views to do the "click, look, back" instead of going to the next picture.</p>

<p>The big versions of the pictures are crammed to the top of the screen. I kept wanting to scroll up. I would being them down even it that meant making them smaller.</p>

<p>Nice site!</p>

<p>Rob</p>