Website critique request - www.JGuiles.com

Discussion in 'Website Creation' started by j_guiles, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Hey Everyone,
    Looking to get some feedback and responses on my website. Have done my research on the forums here and tried to applied most of that knowledge to the site.
    It is flash, but automatically transfers to html for use with Ipads, mobile devices, etc.
    www.JGuiles.com
    Thanks

2. There is not a single clue about where you are located on your site.
    How do you expect me to decide to hire you if I don't know if you're local to me.
    <Chas>

3. A few thoughts (and of course these are all opinions):
    It looks completely different in Firefox and Chrome. Both work, but they don't look the same. It's odd.
    The "old film" transition was cool for the first page, but got tiresome in the galleries because it's slow.
    Don't disable my right click. It would not stop anyone from stealing your photos (I can simply ALT-Print screen if I wanted them), but it is annoying if I want to open a link in a new window or check your meta-tags.
    Your meta-tags and meta-description are missing. You may want to add them for SEO purposes.
    Because the site is Flash it won't work on an iPad.

4. Thanks for the responses!
    @Charles - placed locations in the 'services' page
    @Matt - i'm looking into the page difference, I know if the server does not play flash, the html site does have a very different look. I also switched the gallery pages to a different transition and just kept the old film for the main page. Disabling of the right-click is not a function I can control, it is how my service provider automatically sets up the page(may have to inquire with them if it is possible). I will add in the meta-tags, thanks for pointing that out. I've checked it on an iPad and it works, just switches to the html site.
    Thanks again.

5. It looks completely different in Firefox and Chrome. Both work, but they don't look the same. It's odd.​
    If you read the following, you will conclude that what you saw is not odd at all.
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=41252