Weather Photographer of the Year photos

sjmurray

"Over 7,700 images were entered into the Royal Meteorological Society‘s Weather Photographer of the Year competition. Photographers from across the globe submitted their best imagery capturing the beauty of weather. From incredible cloud formations to ice and snow, the winning photos are a celebration of what nature creates."

Amazing Weather Photographer of the Year Winners Celebrate the Beauty of Nature

• Like 3

Glen, don't you think "over saturation" is pretty common these days, being so easy to do with digital. I see it a lot on this site!

Yes, I think over saturation is all too common. I am probably guilty of it myself, especially with colorful sunrises and sunsets. However, when have you ever seen a green sky, other than during northern lights, like that in "Baikal Treasure"?

My personal favorites were "Dam Wet" and "Just Walking in the Rain".

A green sky?

Sorry, but the sky in 'Baikal Treasure' looks a fairly normal blue to me, on my screen.

Thanks for the feedback Rodeo. You prompted me to run my X-rite i1 Display Pro colorimeter on my Dell U2413 monitor, which I had not done since I last had a printing session several months ago. Now that the monitor has been recalibrated, the colors have shifted a bit. The sky in "Baikal Treasure" now looks more turquoise blue than green. While to my eye the colors still look oversaturated, they now look more realistic. This is a good reminder to calibrate my monitor more often.

Edited by Glenn McCreery