"We have nothing to fear...but 'grain' itself!"

bgussin

After five years and one misstep last week, I have more or less successfully shot and developed a roll of Ilford Delta 400 in my Vivitar

SL/220, using Kodak Acufine developer. (http://www.photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00cxR4). It was even more fun with actual images. I had

to hook my Epson Perfection 2400 scanner up to our Windows 7 computer and download drivers. And I have been using GIMP since I

couldn't get Photoshop Elements 2 to work on the Win7 machine. I touched up some spots and scratches and here are some of the result:<div>00cy7k-552683884.jpg.6d6ecb958f911a9d369c44bc2f5c3bcb.jpg</div>

Thanks, all. I'm gonna ease off

the filters and not shoot so wide

open. But up next is my 1948

Kodak Bantam. I tried rolling

some film together with backing

paper onto the 828 spools in the

changing bag like I used to, but

I was out of practice. I

practiced some more with the

ruined film and I should be good

to go for another round tomorrow.

<p>If you can pick up some Kodak D-76 or Ilford ID-11 you might like Delta 400 even more. I haven't used Acufine in a while, but when I did I used it for Tri-X for a rating of 1000 and with Plus-X and Ilford FP-4 both rated at 250. <br>

With regard to Delta 400 (a fine film, btw) you can also process in Kodak's XTOL and HC110. Maybe look at some older posts on the subject for research if interested. And keep up the good work.</p>

Ahh welcome back to doing film... It's like waking up again eh? Often grain is desired or tht look. My 20 soemthing got

some photos that were (frankly terrible) very grainy due to the lights direction etc .. She loved it! I thought almost all wer

quite acceptable grain levels and as one mentioned it may be related to the other factors. The Tri-X light grain is quite

desirable. I liked the grain and the Bokeh on the first shot very much and outside shot of the dome. That was very

aesthetic. Please post more and do experiment. The Bantam always impressed me with its very beautiful lines. I think

we will see some retro designes imitating this.