Warning about Sensor Swaps and Sony A7 Camera's

Hi all,

In all my years of having Digital Camera's Nikons, Canon, Fuji and Pentaxes and finally Sony's A7 Camera's,

this is the first time with the Sony that I have a problem. I purchased a set of Photographic solution swaps 24mm,

opened them up and saw they changed them with some kind of cotton material, so I applied the solution as I alway's

do and cleaned, the first thing I notice was hey! these are to small to be for a full frame camera sensor there's a gap

on top and the whole sensor doesn't get cleaned then I looked and saw this line going across the top of my sensor

that will not come out (scratched) maybe but I did noticed there are two ruff points on the swap and it's not soft but a

hard point from when they seal the sides with heat and makes two ruff points on either end. so this is a warning to all

of you with your camera's to watch those hard ends. Tomorrow I'm going to call the company and I can't believe this

and complain I let you guy's know How I make out.

I sent a email, and told them about the hard edges and they tested a few of their's with no scratching (right). Now my sensor looks like a hazy

mess. I ordered a new sensor cover to replace it, and got a quote between $255.00 and $320.00 to replace it and I have to buy the part from

them they will not use my part (bummer). So I watch a few video's and might attempt it myself.

Bummer! I make my own sensor swabs by wrapping a Pec Pad around a plastic paddle and fastening it with tape. It's cheaper than buying swabs, but be careful not to touch the swabbing surface while wrapping the Pec Pad on the paddle.

I did that finally after the damage was done, I think they made them better before, now the heat the cloth on either end and it leave's the corners hard,

which doesn't seem to bother the folks at sensor swipe.