Want Lightroom Preset to include Levels enhance .....

<p>Hello my fellow photographers,<br>

I use Lightroom 3, and I want to know how I can text edit my Preset so that it not only snaps both the black and white points to .01%, just like in Levels in Photoshop, but also includes the step of "enchance monochromatic contrast", and "snap to neutral midtones"......... or let me know if "enhance per channel contrast' is better.<br>

I starting using this technique in Photoshop years ago, and 95% of the time, it gets the colors and contrast right.<br>

Or .... am I wrong to do this? Let me know. <br>

Thanks!<br>

Rob</p>

<p>Don't know if you are wrong in terms of working in Photoshop but Lightroom has no specific function to do this...Lightroom ain't Photoshop and Photoshop centric processing is doomed to fail in Lightroom. Lightroom already has a tone of tone and color tools to use...use them and forget the Photoshop approach. It won't serve you well working in LR...</p>

<p>the only thing that i use from Photoshop, is i hold the ALT key to get the white and black point to set my histogram.. the rest, is a normal use of what Lightroom offer me as tool. No layer, no mask..no save.. just paint over your corrections, move slider until you get what you like, i like to start by setting it to camera neutral in the camera calibration, then the white balance, then set in order all the slider from the other below menu.. and finish with the gradient / brush tool... kind of how im working in Photoshop, but with Lightroom approach.</p>

You should understand the difference between Lightroom presets & PS actions. Presets are not relative and thus are

not dynamic. They are absolute, fixed. Any tweak would be saved as another preset. Following Patrick's advice would

come closest to getting the results you need. PS and LR can have very different approaches for obtaining very similar

results.

ME