Waiting for approval

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by anaeflores, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Hello,

My account has been waiting to be approved for more than two week. Is it normal?.

Thank you

2. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

There have been many posts regarding this - hopefully a moderator will be able to assist you. In the meantime, welcome to the forum.

3. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

You are listed as member having joined today, and should be able to participate in site activity. Approval takes variable amounts of time, and is out of the control of the volunteer Moderators and Administrators. Sorry!

4. William Michael

William Michael Moderator Staff Member

Welcome.

As mentioned, I also see you account as opened 12th January and not two weeks ago: uploading five photos and they being made public (not private) is required to trip the automatic process, however, it appears from my investigations that if photos are not uploaded at the the same time a new member joins, the automatic approval process can be delayed.

Did you upload five photos when you joined?

If yes then try logging out of the site and then log back in again, NOT using any shortcut on your computer. If no, then upload photos and try logging out again on consecutive days and let us know if that kicks the automatic system.

In the meantime you have access to the forums and other functions

WW

Sandy Vongries likes this.
  5. Hello,
    I am so sorry because I do not know what when I upload a photo it always appears private. I have deleted all photos and logged out. After that, I have logged in again and uploaded three photos. I did not used a shorcout.
    Thank you very much . Sorry for the inconvenience

6. William Michael

William Michael Moderator Staff Member

Not an inconvenience.

I think you need to make your photos PUBLIC.

When you upload new photos there should be an option to make either "PUBLIC" or "PRIVATE"

Anyway, keep trying logging out and logging in for the next few days.

WW