Wacom Tablet, What size?

I retouched image all week long with my Wacom Graphire 6x8 and have 2x23 inch apple cinema display, dont have any problem with it. I dont even remember where i put the mouse that came with it..i use only the stylet for years, way more comfortable in any occasion.

I also dont see the point (personal opinion) of having the Intuos instead...that cost twice as much when the graphire is just fine, for me at least. Save some money and buy yourself a Eye1 calibration device for your monitor ; )

You can set the Wacom to emulate the screen size no matter which one you get. If you have dual monitors the tablet will split itself for both automatically or you can turn this feature off. Don't discount using the Graphire like stated above. You can get the 6x8 which is a decent size. I use a 4x5 that I carry with my laptop and another on my pc because my desk isn't that big and I use it with dual 19" monitors. I still have the first version of the graphire too. It never stopped working, I just wanted the upgrade.

I have a 17" wide screen laptop and a 4X5 graphire I carry with it. I know in my mind the aspect ratio doesn't match but when using it I can't tell the difference. The Intuoso has a few extra bells and wistles but to me it's not worth the cost. If I had it to do all over again I would have bought the next size up though, the bigger the tablet the more fine the movements are, bigger tablet smaller ratio of pixel to tablet, but if you get to big you run out of space.

the bigger the tablet the more fine the movements are...and the slower it is also. painfull to retouched a image or to navigate on a Mac with a 12x18 wacom..tried it once for a week; never again. i friend of mine whos a renowed photoretoucher change is for a 6x8, after 4years working with one he couldtn believe he was working with such a slow tablet compare to the new one!

I think you get used to whatever your using. I have previously found the larger ones a bit of a pain because you have to move your hand longer distances (hence arm rather than wrist movement), but then i was using one last week and i hardly noticed. I have an a5 wide at home, suits me fine.