w/nw When animals attack

monkey

Lovely!

I beg to differ with your interpretation! Temple Elephants are quite used to Rice lunches in addition the sound of bells and incense.

Could it have been the odours of your body oils? :-)

(I see that you have answered what I was wondering about with your second photo!)

My apologies, if it is too graphic to anyone.

Great capture, Eric! I intend to go to the native habitat of the Bengal Tigers with that same lens, sometime this year.

M.C.'s (I hesitate to use his web name) posts are a delight. I was wondering how useful the 15mm CV lens would be in India...

Those cow shots look like they were made with a pocket digital, really wide and everything in focus from here to eternity. Is it ok to display photos not made with Leicas here? I wanted to display some of my shots but I haven't had anything developed from my Leicas yet and plus I don't own a good scanner, just a cheapo flatbed.

Maybe they look to you like they were taken with a 15mm but to me they look like they were taken with a cellphone camera. How do you tell the difference on the 'net? On another thread some guy displayed a picture made with a Hasselblad, so I guess it doesn't matter if it's a Leica or not. I've got tons of shots I made with my Minolta SRT-101 and my Nikon Coolpix 990, I'll have to display them now that I know it's ok.

Darryl - I doubt I'm alone in saying that Monkey is a valued natural resource here on the Forum. His photos show depth of field, but also, and most importantly, considerable depth of feeling, good humor, and uncanny timing. I regard him as something of a (youthful) mentor here, though I've never met him.<p>

Of course anything posted by anyone here -- from the pros on down to rank amateurs like me -- is fair game for criticism. Monkey's photos are no exception. However, I believe it's a good idea if the criticism is friendly (even when blunt) and omits language classically associated with put-downs.<p>

As to your question about permitted gear, have a quick look at Rule 11 on <a href=http://www.photo.net/bboard/policy?topic_id=1548>this page</a>.<p><div>00EkaC-27332984.jpg.c6bf3036f1ed60b943a50dde740ab559.jpg</div>