w/nw-Santa Fe Goose

Hi Paul,

Do you not understand the purpose of W/NW? You post an image on a theme that everyone else can participate in by posting images. Making the theme so narrow like this won't do much to get the thread full of interesting images... because no one else has a 'goose from Santa Fe'. Try a more general topic--then you get to see posters' different takes on it.

Then again maybe Travis was in Santa Fe last week and he has a cool, grainy, abstract color shot of a goose...

:)

Mike, stuff it. Jon was trying to help, and even apologized to Mr. Sensitive. I don�t know how many people have been to Santa Fe here, let alone shot a stupid goose in a window. Paul could of rescued it and said �'Thanks. Let�s call it �Odd Things In A Window'�.

Mr. Sensitive? Eric, you don't know me well enough to make that comment. I

backchanneled Jon, told him I wasn't offended and explained that I was

struggling to come up with a thread that wasn't done to death.

Sorry you felt that it was a 'stupid goose in a window'. I'm sure that you are a

much more creative photographer than I am and will take your comments to

heart the next time I'm tempted to put a picture up.

I didn�t say your shot was stupid, but that it was odd to see in a window. I see someone that�s posted 34 times and another that�s posted 20 that�s calling Jon a nazi, when all that was going on was Jon giving direction.

Let me apologize to all for being THE Mr. Sensitive. I found Jon's remark pedantic and

reading more like a rebuke to Paul than the friendly advice it is supposed to be. It was out

of place and unnecessary and I was offended by it and embarrased for Paul and couldn't

let it

pass without comment. And had I noticed the smiley face dribbling off the bottom the first

time I read the comment instead of just now

I would have let it pass. So Jon, do you not understand the proper location of a smiley

face? It makes all the difference in the world. And as to my choice of words Eric,you pick

between the better of the two...'playground nazi' or pedagogue. In this instance I thought

the playground analogy worked; somebody's not playing by the rules, ya' know, and

making it too hard for the others. For having taken your comment the wrong way and for a

hasty response I apologize to you Jon and to the rest of the room for creating a dust-up.

Oh and Paul, I like your Santa Fe Goose

>So Jon, do you not understand the proper location of a smiley face? It makes all the difference in the world. And as to my choice of words Eric,you pick between the better of the two...'playground nazi' or pedagogue.

So I'M a pedagogue? I put the smiley where I choose. I can't be responsible for you not seeing it. Paul sent me a considerate email and I think the matter is closed.