[W/NW] Picture of the Week 44/2007

Nowhereman

Jeff he's down, but not out. Did he continue, and if so, how did he do? He doesn't look hurt in the photo. No blood, no swelling, no broken nose, not even a cut lip. This must be one hell of a sissy sport? I mean the guy looks prettier than Ali before Ali ever got hit. Or maybe he just missed the chair between rounds. Are you sure the fight had started;maybe he was just relaxing before the fight? You know I'm kidding, right?

Jeff: the lighting is great on your shot. There is at least 1 light rim lighting his right shoulder, and possibly the same light lighting the back of his head. A second light lights his left face + creats highlights in the eyes, the shadow on the left side of his face is created by his glove. Question, is this natural lighting , or were you allowed to set up stobes? In either case the lighting is very nice.

John, I would guess that he went down from an early hit. I should go back through my photos and check if he lost, I think he did.

This was an outdoor ring with stadium lighting set up. A lot of the light was for video. The event was broadcast live on Thai TV and ran on pay-per-view in the US last month. The lighting was terrific for shots like this, but I have the lights in a number of the stand-up shots.