W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #8

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by Uhooru, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Welcome to Friday photo pic of the week. Please post a favorite pic to share with all the world. Don't be shy. I'll start with a pic of the (scheduled to be demolished) Redondo Beach fun zone. Taken with a RF style digital camera. Let see what you've got!
    [​IMG]

2. Leica MP Hammertone, 75mm Summilux
    0058610-R1-027-12.jpg
    Long Beach Marina shops - near the Queen Mary - around 2009.

3. Here's another one - Redondo Beach (vacant office/shop space near the "Fun-Zone"), around 2009
    0598000-R2-039-18r.jpg
    I don't know that these shops ever did fill up.

4. Cheers! (M10, Super Elmar 21mm)
    brent.jpg

arthur_mcculloch|2 and bertliang like this.
  5. Rainy night in Pittsburgh

[​IMG]

M240, 50mm f/1.2 Canon LTM

6. Along the North Sea beach

2018-02_hp5_r6_0003.jpg

R6, Summicron-R 35mm - HP5 in HC110

7. Ha...Bill, do you live in So Cal?

8. Yes - I grew up in Redondo Beach. I now live in south Orange County, but I'm in the South Bay every weekend.

9. Allan Cobb's shot with the f1.2 Canon is a great catch of Pittsburgh's winter.

allancobb likes this.
  10. So, my contribution. Both done with my new found debt, a monochrom m - whose ASA settings still bewilder me -, and my trusty 75mm voigtlander. To continue Uhooru's park theme, they were taken at Canberra's multicultural festival (I was in our nation's capital for a residential last week - an old coot trying to learn koine greek. There's an old saying: if at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you. So too with trying to learn a novel language in late life). My apologies, both seem to have a file size a bit too big to show without a link. Will do better next time.

I must say allancobb and bertliang, those b&w shots are excellent. Alllancobb, reminiscent of that famous shot of Jimmy Dean. Regards Arthur (apiarist1)

View attachment canberra4.jpg

View attachment canberra1.jpg

allancobb likes this.
  11. B&W conversions from M-P240 shots taken around White Rock Lake Saturday afternoon, with the 35mm f1.4 Summilux FLE.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Ah, I'm in Costa Mesa, were almost neighbors:)

Bill Blackwell Images likes this.
  13. Nikon S-2
    1-NIkon-S2-Street-Machines-130628-02.jpg

Rat Rod

allancobb likes this.
  14. Thanks Christopher and Arthur! I find myself using that lens more and more, so much so, it pretty much lives on my M nowadays; it makes night shooting practically effortless.