W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #5

I really like that shot Uhooru. It's both personal, warm, and yet captures the majesty of the world. I sometimes miss the old pictorialist's understanding of nature and the natural world as God's cathedral. We've just had 'Australia Day' here. A contentious day, with some Indigenous people (the original owners of the land; and I pay respect to their elders, and recognise that I walk on stolen ground) calling it invasion day, or survival day (again recognising that Indigenous people here survived our sustained frontier wars, the theft of their children, the attempted genocide). It's a contentious day; and contentious history; complex. So my photos (and you will no doubt see that I have given up study for a while - the lure of the camera). All with my monochrom, and 75 (not 85, as I misrepresented in an earlier post) voigtlander. All of folk at my local clubs Australia Day bbq. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

805299968_Ozday1.thumb.jpg.4a3a33c4785dca6884753cab14eb658b.jpg 913917883_Ozday2.thumb.jpg.ba955a02a3ffd7d4c169d147e70dee10.jpg 1706705596_Ozday3.thumb.jpg.2f5ed9ed6122dd8ec893f1c334ad75d2.jpg

• Like 5

I haven't posted anything here in ages. B&W shot is coffee with a good friend and fellow Leica user, Leica 3f with 15mm CV on Tri_X .

Colour is an old one from the archives, also Leica 3f but 5cm Elmar on Agfa CNS. Location down a dark back alley in Kabul Afghanistan circa 1976,

a couple years before stuff hit the fan. Get your bike fixed and pick up something for dinner.

IMG04447.jpg.aea6ab5fd82b623c4d6308927bbf7a8f.jpg

KabulLane_800.jpg.098adf8bb755af3775f9c7b974964aac.jpg

• Like 5

GlennS, great shots, even if 'from the archives'. Story there? If there is, I'd like to read it. Bravo. victor_gruber, what tantalising shots; there's a subtlety of tone I can't put my finger on. Tell us about it. And Bill Bowes (mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa) - that's good. You do some amazing things with your Russian gear - I have a Zorki 5, but rarely use it. Far too agricultural. And I've yet to mix up the catechol chemicals. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)