W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #46

Uhooru

Great shot Uhooru. And Allen Herbert, your b&w is rivetting. How was it done. I like the colour shot, but mot so much, it sadly reminds me of the Heidelberg school here in Oz, and the early Turner (before he lost most of his sight). Well done Michael_levy|3, glad the repair worked out - that is a good shot. My shots are limited. The first is of a waitperson at my local returned serviceman's club; the second, and this will take some telling - when I, in late age married my gracious wife, now about six years ago, we planted a mini 'rainforest' at the side of our house. This is a Davidson's Plum, and lo and behold, it has flowered this year - but the flowers are on the trunk. Never seen that before. If they fruit, I will post a further photo. The third are of a lovely couple we met on our first night in Hobart, on our recent holiday - isn't life the strangest thing you've ever seen. Pull out a camera, and the world wants to converse with you. All with monochrom m and that wonderful jupiter 50mm lens - it's amazing that the Russkies did this - their current GDP is about the same as Oz's. LOL. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)MONO1464-2.thumb.jpg.fe82722e04d486bb9cce5f4725034fee.jpg MONO1469.thumb.jpg.191ef4d1664f29bca2676685587362dc.jpg MONO1359.thumb.jpg.1b50ba13e4ffddd8c944fffaaafbed5e.jpg
  • Like 5

Bought a Artisan7 50mm 1.1 after looking at the photos of Arthur Bee with this lens.

Very impressed with the build quality and with a metal lens cap...ahem Leica 14.000gbp lens with a plastic lens cap. Hmm. bit cheapskate methinks.

So, how does performer bottom line. Early doors; so far very impressed....at any price.

On a Leica T.....6 bit coded...the T thinks it is the special one....sort of like thinking I'm George Clooney or my mate Sandy is John Wayne.

First two photos are 1.1 a breeze to focus on the big screen of the T

Edited by Allen Herbert