W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #45

My one shot this week (it has been a week from hell, both domestically and at work). The only respite was a visit by an old friend and his partner. So a shot of his partner - monochrom, go to 75mm lens. I took shots of my friend, but, age does weary and the years do condemn, and also play havoc with visual acuity, so they were blurry beyond use. Regards, Arthur

nov1.thumb.jpg.227af860803268b201cdc385c75f1b97.jpg

• Like 5

[ATTACH=full]1316431[/ATTACH]

MP, 35 mm 'cron, TMY.

That's good Stric. A bit melancholic - youth. Going on an adventure. Heidegger once asked what was the work of art (I do not countenance Heidegger's politics). He said 'it calls'. Your photo 'calls'. It's good, and tells a story. I am glad you shared it. Regards, Arthur. Where was it taken? Bravo to you. Arthur (apiarist1)

That's good Stric. A bit melancholic - youth. Going on an adventure. Heidegger once asked what was the work of art (I do not countenance Heidegger's politics). He said 'it calls'. Your photo 'calls'. It's good, and tells a story. I am glad you shared it. Regards, Arthur. Where was it taken? Bravo to you. Arthur (apiarist1)

Thanks Arthur. It was taken last spring in Minneapolis, MN, USA. One of those rolls of film from a while back and developed only recently.

I will be indulgent. We have had today our regrettably National Horse Race - the Melbourne Cup (I cannot fail to understand how people will bet their life on what a horse does, let alone two dozen of them. But there you go). It is a 'tradition' that women wear 'fanciers' for the cup. It is a tradition that passes. The monochrom can't really handle highlights, as you will see. I keep it at -.3 exposure compensation (though it does have a mind of its own and will often self adjust). So some photos from the galah event - when in doubt, don't back a horse:

november4.thumb.jpg.b7566f3f9bc264002e5ac599518fb838.jpg

november5.thumb.jpg.e2b0896f37239d8288825d26fed7dde5.jpg

november7.thumb.jpg.e269a3af2ba8df1b53f6b6caeb58ae6d.jpg

november3.thumb.jpg.a4ab1f2b31fb675de48a282d5225da38.jpg

• Like 5