W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #45

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by Uhooru, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Early bird. Happy Friday. Please post your faves for the week. In honor of Halloween (USA) or All Hallows Eve in others, I'll re-tread a past photo from New York City at close to this time of year. Please join in..
    [​IMG]

2. Now that's a good shot, Uhooru; very good. Mine are from I and my spouse's just returned holiday in Tasmania. The first, cradle mountain - the lake was not still, and it was windy. No reflections. The second, a canola field just outside of Ross. The third, of some tulips, part of the tulip festival at Windsor. The fourth, an oyster shucker from Bruny Island (regrettably, tasteless pacific oysters). The final, my mandatory good wife, and her niece at 'fish frenzy', Burnie (we stayed on into the evening to see the penguins come ashore). Tasmania: wet, cold, and overhyped. But would go back there in a minute. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1) cradle mountain.jpg ttably, tasteless, though fleshy, pacific oysters) canola.jpg tulips.jpg shucker.jpg fish frenzy, burnie.jpg

3. Should add, all with M type 240, and in these cases, summicron 50mm. Who knows what the f stop and speed was. I don't. It was holidays. Regards, Arthur

Uhooru likes this.
  4. M10, 35/2 Summicron ASPH, Cade's Cove.

L1002043.jpg

5. nor any drop to drink
    Leica-M-3-28.jpg
    Leica M-3 Summicron 50mm f/2

allancobb and arthur_mcculloch|2 like this.
  6. Leica M8.2, Leica Tri-Elmar (28mm)
    L1000841cbw.jpg
    Civil War battlefield. Benton, MO

7. Billblackwellphotography, if only Taney hadn't been Marshall's replacement (I still remember reading Marbury v Madison in my undergraduate days. We only see what we can now because we stand on the shoulders of giants). Perhaps there would have never been a Dred Scott decision, and your photo would never have been taken. To quote Martin Heidegger 'language calls', as if language always already came with a syntax of evocation. Billblackwellphotography, your photo does the same. It calls. And JD, love the irony. Carbon_dragon, thats a well managed shot - there must have been some tricky exposure balancing going on to produce that. Bravo. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1 - and as an aside, though we are languishing here in Oz in 35+C temperatures over the last couple of days - as one of my pig ignorant friends would say 'it's just the weather' - I got up early and managed to rob one of my bee colonies of a honey box - first time in two seasons. I'm stoked).

8. Butcher Shop, Havana, Cuba (Leica M6, 35 mm Summicron)

image.jpeg

9. That's good, sergio_ortega|7. I think you may share an ethnographic impulse with another contributor here at this site. A chronicler of time. Your colours often astound me. Their brilliance, density, have been astounding. Something to seek after. Well done. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

10. coffee2.jpg M10, 35 Summicron. Main Street Vancouver.

11. Leica M-P 240, 35mm Zeiss Distagon f/1.4 ZM
    L1001303bw.jpg

Leica M-P 240, 21mm Asph Elmarit-M f/2.8
    L1001253bw.jpg
    Goldfield, AZ

12. Really like your last photo, Arthur....captured a feel good feeling.

13. Potomac River along the C&O Canal Towpath
    Leica M8, 21mm f/2.8 Elmarit-M pre-ASPH, Hoya R72 IR Filter

[​IMG]

14. Leica M8.2, Leica Tri-Elmar (28mm)
    L1000826bw.jpg
    Benton, MO

allancobb, Vincent Peri and bertliang like this.
  15. Another from NYC. . .[​IMG]

16. M4, Wide angle Tri-Elmar, Tmax400, Xtol/Rodinal. Ann Arbor, MI USA
    [​IMG]main street by bc50099

17. I think that combo is magical for you. Good move to go for it.