W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #40

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by billblackwellphotography, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Leica M6, 90mm Elmarit-M; 28mm Asph Summicron
    7393670-R2-011-5.jpg
    7393670-R2-011-4.jpg
    Liberty Island, Summer 2003.

2. Havana, Cuba (M6 with 35mm Summicron)

image.jpeg

3. "Depression Breadline," by George Segal in bronze, Grounds for Sculpture, Princeton NJ

[​IMG]

M240, 50mm f/1.4 Canon LTM Lens at f/1.4

4. Olympus 35SP. Fog in San Francisco.

fog30041 copy ph.jpg

fog60046 copy ph.jpg

arthur_mcculloch|2 and allancobb like this.
  5. Wow Bill the first one on top almost looks like the real thing......

6. Contax IIa
    IL-Makanda-Vulture-Fest-.jpg
    'Way down yonder on the hippie nation..."​

allancobb and arthur_mcculloch|2 like this.
  7. So my contributions. Sometimes, taking photos can be gut wrentching. I intrude on people's lives. Their biographies. Herewith, my shots. The mandatory shot of my partner's son, and a fellow drinker, as we had lunch at our local RSL club; and three women, who were having lunch there, as well. One of these had a terrible experience. Life can be so hard and savage, at times. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1) sunday1.jpg sunday2.jpg sunday3.jpg sunday4.jpg sunday5.jpg

8. Sorry, my monochrom with voigtlander 75mm lens, wide open. No flash. Ramped up the ISO: it seems to handle it well. How do we allow violence against women to continue. It beggars my mind. Anyway, tomorrow is a public holiday for us in Oz. May have some shots from that. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1).

Allen Herbert likes this.
  9. It seems to be a light week!

Here are a few more from my portfolio. ...

Leica M6, 35mm Asph Summicron
    7383670-R1-015-6.jpg
    7383670-R1-013-5.jpg
    NY Harbor, ~June 2003

allancobb and arthur_mcculloch|2 like this.
  10. Here is a duo that should get Athur up & jumping. Bees wax candles are always a wonderfully scented object at the Farmers Markets and some honey from various Spring / early Summers flows was on display. A jar of Blackberry came home with me. Fed-2 / Jupiter-8, UFX400, OA & V800 scans. Aloha from the Mainland, Bill 2k18-050-011 ces13 bc 4x6.jpg

allancobb likes this.
  11. So Yummy on fresh baked bread or morning muffins. 2k18-050-017 ces13 bc 4x6.jpg

12. Leica M6, 50mm Summicron
    7393670-R6-031-14.jpg
    7403670-R3-065-31.jpg

13. Yes Bill Bowes, thanks. I had my first swarm today (it's early spring here - my spouse phoned me at work around 11.00 am 'honey, the bees are swarming'. Fortunately there was a local beekeeper she could contact to collect it. I had no swarms last year; and was thinking our drought may slow them up this year. But, the impulse to reproduce - eros - obviously won out). At least, I hope it was a swarm, and not bees absconding - we had small hive beetle introduced into Newcastle port a few years ago, and they have made their way up and down the east coast. Arrived here two years ago, and wiped out a third of my hives. If the overwhelm the hive, the bees will simply abscond. Great shots by the way; I envy your mastery of film and the tonal range you capture. And billblackwellphotography, that second NY (the piers) shot is really good. I was thinking that a sunrise or sunset - don't know the orientation - would be an idea worth pursuing. Your framing is really captivating. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

14. I should add, Allen Cobb, your depression breadline shot really calls. Bravo.

allancobb likes this.
  15. Contax IIA, 135mm lens, Kodak Tech Pan film, Glover Park, Marietta, GA. I was out with my IIA just to see if the film was still good and if the IIA had any issues. I wasn't keeping the Tech pan in great conditions, it wasn't in the fridge, but it still seems to be OK.

fountain.jpg

16. Arthur, your photos are always very special....folk you engage with portraying their unique characteristics .

Give yourself a big pat on the back.

Special photographs.

17. Gave you a like Bill for content.....but blown highlights: please do not take offence. Just my thoughts.

Perhaps my monitor calibration.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  18. 25mm 7 Artisan

post.jpg

luistriguez, allancobb and Moving On like this.
  19. Luminous; never really a thought until Arthur mentioned it...

Luminosity, it is there, and sharp.

Or, the mystic Leica glow.....look at the photos and decide whatever. So weird.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018