W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #38

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by Uhooru, Sep 14, 2018 at 8:18 PM.

1. Ok. I've caught up to the planet's yearly circuit of the sun. So in this particular place in the orbit, its the time to post a favorite pic of the week. No slacking! I'll start with a pic from the last day of the OC fair with an X-Pro2 and I believe the Summicron 35. Lets see yours!
    [​IMG]

allancobb and bertliang like this.
  2. Leica M-P 240, 25mm Biogon f/2.8
    L1002321bw.jpg

L1002330cbw.jpg
    Madison, WI - four weeks ago

3. The contrast and clarity are so good; and the sky in the first shot. Bravo. Now Uhooru, slow shutter speed? Handheld? If so, you have dealt with age better than I have. Bravo. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

4. M4, Nikkor 35mm f2.5, Tri-X, Rodinal, Dektol, Ilford RC MC paper.
    [​IMG] by bc50099

5. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Moderator Staff Member

6. Leica Super-Elmar 21mm, M10. Track issues caused delays and overcrowding on Vancouver's Canda Line train today. This was NOT rush hour!
    train.jpg

7. People and their relationships to one another are, IMO, the greatest exploration there is; and this does fine justice to the theme. Congratulations on this photo.

Uhooru likes this.
  8. michael_levy|3, that colour shot is brilliant. Bravo. I echo Wayne Melia's comments. Again, bravo.Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

9. And bertliang, you've nailed, though I worry about the drop off of focus after about 50 - 100 meters. Otherwise, bravo.

10. M240, 50/1.4 Canon LTM Lens

[​IMG]

Assateague National Wildife Refuge, Virginia

11. Before I post, if kmac is out there, where are your beautiful landscape shots taken from. It is reminiscent of the Wolgan Valley. I've seen your shots on the other sites here. They are good.

So, these are shots taken yesterday with my monochrom m and 35mm lens - the camera seemed to develop a strange case of overexposure. It was the annual 'fair' of our neighbourhood centre. A fund raiser. I will be a it indulgent, with your permission. The next to last shot is of someone I met walking home. He has had larynx surgery for cancer - talks with a machine, and always wears this folly around his throat. You know what they say 'life's a *X&$#**X&$#**X&$#**X&$#*, and then you're dead.'
    shot3.jpg shot4.jpg shot5.jpg
    shot1.jpg

12. I don't think the monochrom handles highlights well at all. If at all. And the last shot, well dental work is very costly in Oz. Many people miss out. But that doesn't stop them from being generous. Very generous. God, I love photography. Life is such a trixie thing. We seek the light, the image, the moment, and in doing so, engage with life. And try to capture it. I'll extend the indulgence, and add another one. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)
    shot2.jpg

13. Yes, the highlights are a worry, and the out of focus rendition. It's a bit baroque. It may be the lens. Try some more. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

14. Looks more like moisture in the atmosphere accumulated over distance to me.

15. Pharmacy, Havana, Cuba. (M3, 35mm Summicron, FP4+, PMK Pyro)

image.jpeg

16. Leica M9, 35/2 ASPH, Atlanta Botanical Garden

WaterPlants.jpg

JapaneseEntrance.jpg

allancobb and arthur_mcculloch|2 like this.
  17. A threesome, varying the angle of capture, with an M4, 90mm f2 APO Summicron and 400 speed TMAX film, processed and scanned to DNG by a lab I recently found that has me excited to shoot film again. Sending 5 rolls of Kodak Ektar 100 I shot the past week with my M6 and M4 duo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018 at 10:16 PM
  18. Very nice.
    I can see why you are excited.

19. I agree, Moving On. And looking at bertliang's photo a bit more carefully, I think you are right. They are good Greg M. Is that a celtic cross I can see in the background of the first shot?