W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #33

Field of back-lit wildflowers just after sunrise, with the Leica M262 and 35mm f2.4 Summarit.

L1041196-X3.jpg

First light, about 38 minutes before the above image. Same camera, but I used my "other" Summarit for this one, the 75mm f2.4.

L1041173-X3.jpg

• Like 3

Billblackwellphotography - have you got some alchemists deal on clarity. Well done. Like your shots, Greg M. Uhooru, 'up close and behind?' The thing about the beach is the horizon - as a youth, swimming with my friend, I once said 'what's that line between the sea and the sky?'. She said: 'it's the horizon, silly'. I said, 'let's swim out to it'. Maybe So Cal is like that - an idea that is both important, but mischievously unobtainable, no matter how hard you swim. Bill Bowes - again, well done. The tonal gradation is exemplary. My shots are from a 'concert' Jan and I attended this afternoon. Put on by the local Christian Community School: 'Singing in the Rain'. It was fabulous. They were young teenagers. The performances were really well done, the production values at the highest, and the costumes were magnificent. One, of some, quibbles from me was that there were no Indigenous performers, one performer who may have been of Eurasian descent, and one who may have been from the Indian sub-continent. The rest were of white, anglo-saxon descent. Guess you can't expect more from the rural hinterland of Oz. So the photos, done with my monochrom M and a Steinheil Munchen Culminar 135mm, ramped up ISO - an antique lens, so forgive the focus errors:

performance4.thumb.jpg.4722b41218b277efbc5edd4a17ae4a37.jpg

performance3.thumb.jpg.154a0b2a456668a085a534ee1c29a471.jpg

performance1.thumb.jpg.4cffdf321714e9753309b91cae729734.jpg

• Like 4