W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #32

Biker headed west out of the morning light, with the Leica M262 and a mid-80's, Canadian-made 90mm f2 Summicron that I had 6 bit coded some time back, at f4. Focus was placed on the tree branches hanging over the trail.

L1041965-X3.jpg

Edited by Greg M
  • Like 5

Billblackwellphotography, again, so good. Rick_van_Nooij, I too think that is a disarmingly charming shot. Well done. JD, colour cast? Graham_evans|2, they are good shots. Allen Herbert, your shot somehow triggered a memory of seeing Olivia Hussey in romeo and juliet, in an earlier life: 'a rose will bloom and then will fade. So does a youth, so does the fairest maid'. But, hats off to stric1975. That is a really well done. Almost a 3-D effect there. You are blessed with a glorious model. And good control of your medium. And you've controlled the dust, ahem.

My shots are from last night. Jan and I went out to dinner and watched a pool competition (briefly), being more interested in the denizens:

aug1.thumb.jpg.302b67e65e0b03e31b4c1935effa71ed.jpg

aug3.thumb.jpg.9b5cbe8cfc30ab7cf444821476f851a9.jpg aug2.thumb.jpg.972e27a43472204c4f913dd5926e210f.jpg

All with a monochrom, and my go to 75mm zeiss (aka cosina) lens. Arthur (apiarist1 - the bees are crazy, we haven't had a winter this year, a couple of days of frost. I expect early swarming).

• Like 5

But, hats off to stric1975. That is a really well done. Almost a 3-D effect there. You are blessed with a glorious model. And good control of your medium. And you've controlled the dust, ahem.

Dust is becoming a big problem with the labs that develop and scan film. As the use of film decreases so does the processing quality too. I've dealt with a couple of local labs here n Minneapolis, MN and I had to give up on them as they were not cleaning the negatives before scanning them. To add to the insult, they would have some teenagers doing scanning, and those were mostly not paying attention to what they were doing. Now I mail my film out to Citizen's Photo in Portland, OR and they do a decent job for the price (but their quality has gone down over the years too). Anyway, if there are dust spots, and if there aren't too many of them, I'll fix that in Light Room.

I think I'll eventually have to go back and start developing and scanning my film. I'll need to buy the supplies and a decent scanner, but also wait for my little one from the picture to grow a bit. I'd like to teach him how to develop film and I hope he likes it.

• Like 1

Again, stric1975, you are blessed, but also cursed. I have no children, so have never had to deal with dynastic aspirations. More power to you. I envy you, stric1975, envy you greatly, beyond measure. I have stepchildren, who apart from Shawn are, well, 'problematic'. I post a shot of Shaun. Toshawn1.thumb.jpg.fba734ce999f8af378d6c157f348d52e.jpg be honest, he would be the the most sensible of all my partners children. I envy you. To get back to basics. There is great advice on this site for diy film processing. It's easy (other than the dust!!). Need a hand, it's here on this site. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)
  • Like 1

Dust is becoming a big problem with the labs that develop and scan film. As the use of film decreases so does the processing quality too. I've dealt with a couple of local labs here n Minneapolis, MN and I had to give up on them as they were not cleaning the negatives before scanning them. To add to the insult, they would have some teenagers doing scanning, and those were mostly not paying attention to what they were doing. Now I mail my film out to Citizen's Photo in Portland, OR and they do a decent job for the price (but their quality has gone down over the years too). Anyway, if there are dust spots, and if there aren't too many of them, I'll fix that in Light Room.

I think I'll eventually have to go back and start developing and scanning my film. I'll need to buy the supplies and a decent scanner, but also wait for my little one from the picture to grow a bit. I'd like to teach him how to develop film and I hope he likes it.

Here in the UK I find color film lab work has gone down hill. Dust all over the negatives. Totally given up on labs scanning anything a long time ago. Found a used V700 scanner about 6 years ago, not fast but it does OK.