W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #32

Uhooru

Welcome to another Friday. Please post your favorite pic of the week, don't bet shy. I've been enjoying the diverse participation though its funny, I don't notice any female photographer posting. What's with that? Anyways, I'll start with a photo of one of my best friends husband at their wedding reception with a Fuji X-Pro2 and a Summicron 50 lens. Lets see yours!

18365614-orig.jpg

• Like 5

I don't have much to post this week (I'll come up with something prior to week 33's W/NW Pic of the Week), but here's another FrankenLeica. At first glance it might be difficult to tell why it's a FrankenLeica, but a keen eye should be able to tell me four reasons why it, indeed, is (two are obvious, while two might be fairly subtle). All of its parts are authentic / produced by Leica.

2108673459_LeicaM4Pics003.thumb.jpg.bb3b5e4f425d69f70bcfb1c74afb6ee1.jpg

743249271_LeicaM4Pics001.thumb.jpg.b50298589085f1a0999eddddef072b5c.jpg

• Like 2

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

First grandson, meet 6 month-old James, captured with the MP240 and 35mm f1.4 Summilux FLE.

L1013781-X2.jpg

and a B&W conversion from the Streets of San Francisco, again with the MP240 and 21mm f3.4 Super Elmar.

L1013399-X2.jpg

Edited by Greg M
  • Like 5

42021145180_243d7278df_c.jpg

Sorry, I have a weak spot for motorcycles. Not that I ride mine much these days, but when I run into an interesting bike begging to be photographed, I do so (MP, 35mm 'cron, Velvia 50). ;)

42021145180_243d7278df_c.jpg

Sorry, I have a weak spot for motorcycles. Not that I ride mine much these days, but when I run into an interesting bike begging to be photographed, I do so (MP, 35mm 'cron, Velvia 50). ;)

Stric, it's buell? I'm in the process of 'restoring' a 1981 Triumph bonnie T140V. I bought it a few decades ago; garaged it inappropriately following domestic disruption (the brakes rusted out). Only now getting around to 'fixing' it. It has a four speed box, probably ex speedway. Looks good, Stric.

Uhooru, an excellent shot. You capture character. Michael_levy|3 - really? Is something better on the way? Good shot. Greg M - a fabulous shot of your first grandson - congrats. Really well done - I can see that framed and cherished in the family.

So to mine. I went to Sydney thursday and friday for a work based meeting. The metropolis. My employer paid; put me up in a hotel near Central station - the Great Southern - actually a good stay. If you ever visit Sydney, you could no worse. So a few shots, with my monchrom and 35mm lens, with flash. It's bar attracts a diversity of people: a motley crew of local office workers, drinkers, and the marginal poor enjoying cheap eats. The first shot is of an indigenous busker who was playing a didgeridoo with drums in one of the 'tunnels' that characterise Central station. An engaging young man, with, as you will note, a cataract in one of his eyes. He had spent most of his day busking at circular quay, a ferry stop off point for Sydney. The experience of white settlement is an abiding shame to thinking Australians. As a note, it is hard for people not to 'pose' when you ask them to be photographed. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1). Look forward to your contributions.

performer.thumb.jpg.3ec4e7307990784beadd2c8a9517f192.jpg

couple.thumb.jpg.8c32b5f2a6b66b9325dbc2d0400704ea.jpg diner.thumb.jpg.b8aff6ec3c447540b5cd63d801057a6e.jpg diner1.thumb.jpg.8e3e63dfea3df9cbfc45686306308dbf.jpg

• Like 5

I don't have much to post this week (I'll come up with something prior to week 33's W/NW Pic of the Week), but here's another FrankenLeica. At first glance it might be difficult to tell why it's a FrankenLeica, but a keen eye should be able to tell me four reasons why it, indeed, is (two are obvious, while two might be fairly subtle). All of its parts are authentic / produced by Leica.

[ATTACH=full]1256360[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1256361[/ATTACH]

I give up. The black M3 style winding lever is the only thing I see.

Ain't she a beauty, though?!

I give up. The black M3 style winding lever is the only thing I see.

Ain't she a beauty, though?!

1. M2/3/P-style advance;

2. The RW knob is from an SL-2 - sturdier than M4 type (I didn't expect anyone would get this one);

3. 75mm lens/framelines;

4. Black chrome finish. The serial number dates it at around 1968, but a black chrome finish was not available to consumers until 1971/2 (introduced on the M5).

Yep, she's a beaut! This was Don Goldberg's (DAG) personal camera when he worked at Leitz, NJ. When the black chrome finish came out, employees were able to convert their personal silver chromed equipment, which is what this was.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

If it was DAG's camera originally, anything's possible, LOL.

Actually, one of the services anyone can have done on an M with the .72 finders, and the M4 would be one of those, is having the original finder optics replaced with the finders that include the 75 and 28mm framelines.

Bill Bowes, the catechol arrived today (purchased from the United States of Amiracle - land of the tweet, home of the fee). Thanks for the advice, and leg up on this - I'll use up my Ilfosol before trying it - have all the other chemicals. Allen Herbert, that is a haunting shot. It's good. I think I've referred in the past to Martin Heidegger's idea that 'language calls'. That shot 'calls', Allen Herbert. Give us some background to it, if you would. Arthur (apiarist1)

Thanks, Bill. I will in all likelihood take you up on that. Using up the drabs of Ilfosol, and the FP4 in my M6 (opened unfortuitously when I thought it was my monochrom), some further shots from my stay at the Great Southern Hotel in Sydney this last weekend. It's a great pub. If you visit Sydney, you could do no worse than stay there. I'll spruik it - only 5 minutes walk from Central railway; near the YHA, which has some of the best food you could ever expect, and only a few minutes from Sydney's Chinatown, blah, blah; gateway to the east coast of Oz, blah, blah. These are all drinkers at the pub, with the M6, 75mm voigtlander lens, flash, FP4 cooked as said in Ilfosol. It's a bit blokey - no gender equality; but it's a Sydney pub. LOL. Regards, and forgive the excess, Arthur (apiarist1)

mugshot1.thumb.jpg.7a7ec46fb8df869f6d5dbf5128c41c5b.jpg mugshot2.thumb.jpg.22207589ef4a29cf85efd51fa095c21a.jpg mugshot3.thumb.jpg.d373f5bfd010487d8071ec19d42b1c9f.jpg

• Like 1