W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #20

Uhooru

Hi all, happy Pic o the week. Thanks for the nice work in the last few weeks. Here's another opportunity to shine! I'll start with a photo taken of a great friend of mine with a Fuji X-Pro2 and Leica 50 or 35 mm Summicron (can't remember which). Don't be shy now, let's see what you've got!

18199591-orig.jpg

• Like 5

Hello,

Well the spring is finally upon us here in Minnesota, but abot a month ago we were slammed with nearly 2 feet of snow and it made the whole month of April a hellish experience. While I hated shovelling all that snow (backbreaking waste of time), Mirza absolutely loved it.

Here is he just before the big snowfall, looking for snow to shovell.

ei_20180427_392.thumb.jpg.b8e29ccdb26b885852bf2e58046342ab.jpg

Here, he found some snow.

ei_20180427_391.thumb.jpg.2ac4c23bed6716914a3cd0d9d8976482.jpg

I guess life is a beach for him, even in the winter.

ei_20180427_393.jpg.3b5593fb683af3e55f9ba91c31460460.jpg

Leica MP, 35 mm Summicron (IV), some expired Fujifilm Velvia 100.

Edited by stric
  • Like 5

So, my offering: travelled to Sydney this last weekend for 'mother's day'. My mother is in a nursing home. Demented. I'm lucky if I get 'who told you I was here, how did you find out'. Generally, she doesn't know who I am. It's actually quite distressing for both of us. I've seen the future, and it's ugly. But the photos. I travelled there and back by train, about 6 hours each way. The train is a microcosm of poverty, disadvantage, and rural Australia. The second shot is of one of the other passengers. The first, a shot of a street performer at Central, the main train station at Sydney, where I get off. Stric, great shots, and billblackwellphotograpy, well done. And Uhooru, a lovely shot that captures personality. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

MONO1002.thumb.jpg.7b523296e6786b50122a17cb36b2a701.jpg

MONO1009.thumb.jpg.95293b3340427758db5c3e6c135434f2.jpg

• Like 5

Hello Stric

This last roll developed in the Paranol S has come out the best so far, I really like the way this one came out and the film looks like it will be a good one

Here is the link to the album and there are a couple of other albums there as well that were done with other developers, just search under my user name: 45govt

Film Ferrania May 2018

Yes Christopher they do "climb it" !

Check out the 'stairs' at the right side of the dome; simply click on the image and see the magnified picture.

The made in 1958 EIGHT element Leitz lens at its optimal f/5.6 aperture, is such an amazing lens. Even with me cropping the image zoomed in to 55%, the resolution held up (My tests show it just as sharp as the modern Leica ASPH equivalent).

Plus, couple it to the wonderful CCD sensor of the M9, and it looks like film grain !

Thank you gentlemen.

Here's a very comprehensive write-up/review of this stunning lens:

"the immortal LEICA SUMMICRON 35mm f/2, made by Ernst Leitz of Wetzlar, Germany,

is among the finest 35mm lenses ever made. It is tiny, ultra-sharp, ultra-fast, and has no distortion"

8 Element <<< click - I have the non-goggled unit, which can fit on a Screw-mount or M-mount camera.

L1000668.thumb.jpg.72f2470b0bf6c02e0976af4218469f58.jpg

Another one from the same lens at f/8 - Pyramid Lake California

Even with my slightly too much over sharpening; I can make out the tiny sign on the road at mid-right...

Edited by Gus Lazzari
  • Like 4