W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #20

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by Uhooru, May 11, 2018.

1. Hi all, happy Pic o the week. Thanks for the nice work in the last few weeks. Here's another opportunity to shine! I'll start with a photo taken of a great friend of mine with a Fuji X-Pro2 and Leica 50 or 35 mm Summicron (can't remember which). Don't be shy now, let's see what you've got!
    [​IMG]

2. Leica M-P 240, 50mm Asph Summilux
    L1000018cbw.jpg

3. totemic
    Ricoh-Hi-Color-35-19.jpg
    Ricoh Hi-Color 35​

4. Pan . . Brot . . Bread. Fed-2/Jupiter-8, Kentmere400, OA & V600 scan. Aloha, Bill 2k18-033-003 ces13 bc 11x14.jpg

5. vanDusen.jpg Van Dusen Gardens, Vancouver. M10, 50mm Summilux

6. Leica M6 "FrankenLeica" w/ 50mm collapsible Summicron - Provia 160
    12740024.jpg

7. Hello,
    Well the spring is finally upon us here in Minnesota, but abot a month ago we were slammed with nearly 2 feet of snow and it made the whole month of April a hellish experience. While I hated shovelling all that snow (backbreaking waste of time), Mirza absolutely loved it.

Here is he just before the big snowfall, looking for snow to shovell.
    ei_20180427_392.jpg

Here, he found some snow.
    ei_20180427_391.jpg

I guess life is a beach for him, even in the winter.
    ei_20180427_393.jpg

Leica MP, 35 mm Summicron (IV), some expired Fujifilm Velvia 100.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  8. Nicca 5L, 50mm f2 Nikkor, Tri-X, D-76. Encinitas Botanical Gardens - Black Bamboo black bamboo.jpg

9. So, my offering: travelled to Sydney this last weekend for 'mother's day'. My mother is in a nursing home. Demented. I'm lucky if I get 'who told you I was here, how did you find out'. Generally, she doesn't know who I am. It's actually quite distressing for both of us. I've seen the future, and it's ugly. But the photos. I travelled there and back by train, about 6 hours each way. The train is a microcosm of poverty, disadvantage, and rural Australia. The second shot is of one of the other passengers. The first, a shot of a street performer at Central, the main train station at Sydney, where I get off. Stric, great shots, and billblackwellphotograpy, well done. And Uhooru, a lovely shot that captures personality. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)
    MONO1002.jpg

MONO1009.jpg

10. Hello
    One from the Leica IIIg and Elmar 5cm 2.8 Film Ferrania in Paranol S
    Ford Deluxe

Leica IIIg Elmar 2.8 Film Ferrania at 80asa Paranol S Ford Deluxe.jpg

11. @don Harphold, how do you like the Ferrania film?

12. Hello Stric
    This last roll developed in the Paranol S has come out the best so far, I really like the way this one came out and the film looks like it will be a good one
    Here is the link to the album and there are a couple of other albums there as well that were done with other developers, just search under my user name: 45govt

Film Ferrania May 2018

13. 8 Element Summicron 35mm f/2 shot at f5.6 mounted to a Leica M9
    Cropped 55% & then post processed via Picasa...

L1000933.jpg

Yosemite - Half Dome at Sunset...

14. Leica M 240 + Canon FL 58/1,2
    Cafe-outside.jpeg

15. Nice, and people climb it?

16. Yes Christopher they do "climb it" !
    Check out the 'stairs' at the right side of the dome; simply click on the image and see the magnified picture.

The made in 1958 EIGHT element Leitz lens at its optimal f/5.6 aperture, is such an amazing lens. Even with me cropping the image zoomed in to 55%, the resolution held up (My tests show it just as sharp as the modern Leica ASPH equivalent).
    Plus, couple it to the wonderful CCD sensor of the M9, and it looks like film grain !

17. Nice photo Allen but I hope people realize we're on to week 21 now:)

18. I'll second Christopher's comment. That is a very good photo, Gus. The lens sounds very special. Were many made? Can it be found? Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

Alex_Es likes this.