W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #15

Uhooru

A camera is a time machine….. This is a German friend I happened to meet in Madrid when we were both touristing there, 30 years ago.

I wonder where you are now, Heike Stahl. Heike.thumb.jpg.b79ab0423c48d4bfbee0f29d4230fc8a.jpg

Edited by ray .
  • Like 2

Now, billblackwellphotography, that lotus flower shot is excellent, and stric, is that a self portrait. It's good. It's very good. If it is a self portrait, how was it done? I have little to offer; haven't used the camera this week, so a shot from easter week - again, my partner's niece's new born child. Monochrom m, with zeiss 75mm lens. I particularly like my composition - LOL - door frame growing out of mum's head. More fool me. Hope to get back into shooting soon. And maybe some more sense. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

MONO0882.thumb.jpg.3f6816315ef194e8120a00643ad48321.jpg

• Like 3

billblackwellphotography, with a 50mm lens, you would have been close - that beautiful lotus (or water flower, shot). And probably with a fairly wide aperture. You capture the 'inner glow' of the lotus. Where did you take it? I have seen such flowers in Vietnam, but also in rural Oz, in farm dams. It's a good shot. Much appreciated. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

... with a 50mm lens, you would have been close - that beautiful lotus... Where did you take it? ...

Many thanks, guys. It was taken at Mission San Juan Capistrano at the koi pond. I actually spent more time than usual on this shot in post-processing. It was a bit under exposed, so the challenge was bringing out the highlights in order to make it work. In the end it's turned out to be one of my favorite shots with the Monochrom (which, BTW, I no longer own in favor of the M-P 240).

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

Ray, no, not an older lens. A recent LTM with an m mount adapter. But to be honest, it is so good. I also have a 35mm, which has proved indifferent. I prefer my summaron (with m adapter) at that range. Thanks for asking. All of my lenses are legacy LTM. When I'm solvent, I'll look judiciously for newer lenses. Keep safe, Arthur (apiarist1)