W/NW Pic-O-The-Week #12

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by billblackwellphotography, Mar 15, 2019.

1. It's been a light few weeks shooting-wise, so for week 12 I'm posting some old shots from 2007 -
    Leica M8 - B&W conversion via Nik
    L1000391(B&W).jpg
    35mm Asph Summicron
    Aquarium of the Pacific - Long Beach, CA
    L1000359(B&W).jpg
    21mm Asph Elmarit-M
    Mission San Juan Capistrano
    L1000409(B&W).jpg
    18mm ZM Distagon
    Titan II Missile Silo, near Tucson, AZ

2. I "tried" a sample. . .will pass on any purchase. . . Tooo much pepper !! 2k19-027-004 ces5 4x6 bm.jpg Fed-2 / Jupiter-8, UFX100, Pyrocat HDC & V600 scan. Aloha, Bill

3. L1000043.jpg Still playing with my Leica t and Artisan 1.1 lens

4. Leica-M-3-07.jpg
    Leica M3 w/ Summicron​

5. Probably the way I have set up my monitor.

Just a another stop would have helped with the highlights.

6. M10, Summicron 35. Coffee Shop, Vancouver
    kid.jpg

7. Terrible things in our part of the world. Little to say, but my prayers go out to the victims and their families.

So, as is warranted, go on. My shots are some photos from a b-b-q at my church last sunday. A sausage sizzle. High fat, high salt, offal tubes - minced lips and arses, a handful of sawdust, and a lot of saltpeter. I took my own vegetable textured protein (not much better, by the way). The final shot is of a good friend, bumped into at the supermarket after lunch. He was a good chef here in the rural hinterland, went rasta, lives in a shack by the Clarence River, goes fishing, gets on his electric moped to come into town for shopping every now and then. All with my monochrom, 75mm voigtlander, wide open, ramped up ISO. Our church grows old, as you can see.
    another.jpg week 12 3.jpg week 12 4.jpg wdeek12.jpg

8. Billblackwellphotograpy, what a confection. Bravo. I thought the Titans were outdated when the cuban missile crisis occurred. None of therm could launch. Are they still there? Or just museum pieces of US nuclear excess. The whale? Tell me. Again, I'd give my eye teeth for your clarity, control of tones, blah blah. Bill Bowes, 'cold cock'? I don't know about US slang, but to do, Aussies think 'cocks' are something else. You know, in with the good air, out with the bad. Allen Herbert, I think you have made a call: get my artisans lens out. Great shots. It is good that you are back. Missed your contributions. And you. Michael_levy|3: mate, you have got to do an exhibition. Get a coffee shop to host it and do an exhibition. Your shots are good. Regards, Arthur

9. The Titan II's were decommissioned as a result of the SALT II treaty (around 1985). A handful of the sites were converted to museums; the missile is still intact in its silo, but, of course, the warhead has been removed. The whale is a model hanging from the sealing at the aquarium.Google Maps: Report Inappropriate Image

10. Fuji X-Pro2 with a 50mm Summicron.
    [​IMG]

11. Leica M6, St Thomas More Church

ph12 copy.jpg

MarcelRomviel likes this.
  12. From a recent walk-about in Kailua. Zorky-4K / Jupiter-8, UFX400, Pyrocat HDC & V600 scan. Aloha, Bill 2k19-032-032 ces10 bc bm.jpg

13. Uhooru, that's a good shot. You keep pulling rabbits out of the hat. I may have cloned out what looks like a caviar bowl in the left bottom corner, but that is just a gratuitous critique of taste and preference. Well done. Victor_gruber, could you give some background on your shot? Regards, Arthur

14. [​IMG]
    Roll on the Meuse Tour 2009
    Leica IIIc, Summar, Lucky SHD100