W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #10

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by Uhooru, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Hi Wouter, certainly not a light leak, its either chemistry, or scanning, though I'm suspecting scanning. When you get a chance, could you look at your neg with a loupe or other magnifying glass. if its chemistry, or something in the chain before scanning, the marks will show up on the neg.
    Good luck

2. 2k18-019--002 ces10.jpg In the Island's, Farmers Markets are usually social events. Fed-2 / Jupiter-8, Kentmere Aloha, Bill 2k18-019--002 ces10.jpg

3. Bill, I have industars, and a couple of jupiters. The industars are pretty much crap, poor person's tessars. Your shots (and I think they may be duplicates) do demonstrate the value in the jupiters. Looks a great time. Good shots. I'm guessing natural light, so must have been high speed film, given the canopy. I've just rehabilitated a zorki 5, so hopefully will have some shots to post soon, using a jupiter 85mm, with traditional russian lubrication, so focussing is muscle building, and work. Regards, Arthur

4. Hello again. Arthur, I use bulk loaded Kentmere 400 or Ultrafine Xtreme 400 rated at 250asa on these occasions. The canopies actually give the shadows fill, same as a "tent" would be used in a studio shoot. My choice of a pyro type staining developer, in this case Obsidian Aqua, is a critical factor. The overall shadow / highlite ratio & fine grain of this film / dev combo, allows cropping extremes that I never noticed available with the 400asa / 35mm films. Here is the full frame scan.
    All of my FSU cameras are used with the Jupiter-8 lenses. I do have a Jupiter-12, 35mm wide angle & the 135mm Jupiter-12 when on the mainland. All cameras do have a KMZ viewfinder, which is used for close up framing. The Industar 61's & a single I-26 lens are "stored", but I pick up the 26 now & then for full head portraits. . . it's softness can be used for that occasion. -002.jpg Aloha, Bill

5. I might add that this film allows shooting at 1/100 between f8 & f16 under the canopy. . . Hawaiian sunshine days ! Aloha, Bill