W/NW: People and their rangefinder cameras (no selfportraits)

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by r s, Nov 3, 2006.

1. r s

r s

[​IMG]
    Taken with a Contax IIIa, Sonnar 50/1.5 and Tri-X 400

2. What rangefinder is that (in the picture)?

3. r s

r s

Jeff, it's a black Olympus 35SP.

4. [​IMG]
    Taken with an M3, 50 Summicron DR, Fuji Pro 160C. Cheating slightly, it's not his. :)

5. JV and his M3.
    00Ify1-33332084.jpg

6. Me, taken last week by Mr. Zeev K
    00Ifzl-33333184.jpg

7. Sawako with my Canon 7 + Nikon S coupler + Voigtlander SL 15/4.5 on Contax/NIkon S mount. Shot with RD1-s + Nikkor 50/1.4 (original).
    00Ig0B-33333584.jpg

8. Here is a close up:
    00Ig0P-33333784.jpg

9. me & my Hassie. . .
    00Ig17-33334184.JPG

10. The setup for when class photos are taken at the school I work at:
    [​IMG]
    Probably in poor taste to post this second picture, but there was an article (a weekly column) in the Yomiuri Newspaper in Toyko last year about how I like to walk around with my Leica and take pictures:
    http://kenshukan.net/john/archives/
    newspaper1124051.jpg
    The cameraman put me into positon in a cemetery in Minami Senju, then aimed his D-2HSuperDuperX-D whatever and held the button down. It sounded like a deck of cards being shuffled and once he let go he moved about a foot to the right and fired off another 60 shots at me. Either there were decisive moments all around that I could not see or this is how a newspaper cameraman makes a portrait.

11. John, it was in absolutely rotten taste--which is why I like that second shot. Obscurity is in
    very good taste, but it is just like grim death for the artist. Keep it up, dude!

12. Alex I thought of you today in Map Camera- They had a Nikon 50mm rangefinder lens for
    400,000 yen and the plastic lens hood to put on it for 300,000. With all of your interesting
    lenses I figured maybe you have a couple of these kicking around your house??

13. Thanks for thinking of me, John. Nice to know there those bargin lenses and hoods floating
    around Tokyo.