W/NW - My Grand City

I don`t think the images are flat. Some people equate high contrast with quality, but the pictures look terrible. I used to belong to a camera club where the higher the contrast the better. If people have seen actual Weston or Adams prints, they are not contrasty. Precious poster`s monitor may be off or he falls in the above catagory or he doesn`t realise some of these are from overcast days such as the one titled Brooklyn. There

is another shot inside a mall or other with overhead lights. Contrast is fine there. Must admit I can`t look at all as my dsl is down and I`m doing this on a dial up. Very slooow.

composition is fine, but perhaps you could include some people.

SBC won`t admit it is their problem, but Ihave been on dial up for 45 min and it works fine. SBC quits connecting after 3 min. Any body else having this problem?

The images are indeed flat. Also I really have a hard time with numerous misspelled words.

Didn't get too far either:

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

Put it up on photo.net.

Stuart, fwiw: I thought the tonality issue was due to my darkening 10 y/o screen but apparently it isnt. For architecture photogrphy to work, it needs to be technically AND compositionally 100%. That means, I think, that ALL components (viewlines, shapes, light, space, tonality) of the pic should add up and point to something, some direction, resting point, subject, expression. When realising this I find myself often unable to take ANY pic so please try to forget it when shooting. Look at Heather McHale's pics, in an earlier thread, of Asbury, NJ: she has a very good hand at composing and leaving out unnessecary elements in the picture.<br><br>good luck & keep on shooting ~ Diederik