W/NW: My Friend's Hot Wife (or Husband)

Technically you're right Eliot, but I do make those judgements when I see a person, even in a still photograph. She has a wonderful soft caring look about the eyes, and a smile that indicates curiousity and appreciation of others.

Of course she could be none of these things. She tolerates cigars: I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

She's photogenic, but that doesn't say much else about her personality. I know people who are not photogenic but are really nice and vice versa. That's why I would be very careful about making any judgement based on how a person looks in a picture.

It's likely Jack's right from what I see. Although you can never be

sure from a photograph, quite often you can tell things about

someone's personality, although admittedly, you could be dead

wrong. Well, I doubt it though, in this case. You get clues about

someone's personality just by the way they dress, for example.

My gf took a look at a pic of my ex-gf and also one of my mom

and decided they both must have a "big personality"- meaning

that they were extroverted. She was correct in both cases.

btw- "cute" is also a personality trait.

Ray, I'm afraid you are mistaken. Have you ever heard thr expression "you can't judge a book by its cover" or "all that glitters is not gold"? You sound like someone who is prone to making snap judgements about people. Your impressions may be correct but they could just as easily be wrong. Just because someone smiles and is photogenic does not mean that he/she is not an SOB.

Most people would use cute as an adjective to describe someone who is physically attractive. It is not a personality trait, though personality certainly may contribute to a person's attractiveness.

Abraham Lincoln had interviewed a man for a job, I donメt know what job. When the man left his office his aide asked him what he thought? Lincoln said I'm not going to hire him. I don't like his face. Astonished, the aide said surely Mr. Lincoln you can't judge a man by his face. Lincoln said every man over 40 is responsible for his face.

"Alas, after a certain age, every man is responsible for his own face."<p>

- Albert Camus<p>

And of course, Camus was photographed by the <a href=http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:4RxbgrXDSqoJ:www.pulitzer.org/year/2000/criticism/works/allen2.html+albert+camus+leica&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3&client=firefox-a>Leica-toting Henri Cartier-Bresson</a>, so the quote is on-topic for our Forum. :-)

Michael - Robert Bly tells that story about Lincoln. I think Camus borrowed the quote from Lincoln, changing "over forty" to "after a certain age" and claimed it as his own.<BR> <A HREF="http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:0zG9bssAnyAJ:www.quotegarden.com/integrity.html+quotes+over+forty+responsible+face&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=8">Lincoln quote 3/4�s of the way down the page</A>--