Alex_Es

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Craig and Peter.

The second one is a bit sentimental, perhaps. Ovid says that if you are unhappy in love you should hang out in a public place this is what I think the pix is saying. Actually, there is a lot of hanging out in train stations in Japan. Groups meet, but there are also a lot of people alone who just sit or squat there for hours.

Now Peter, are these rangefinder shots. The first is with a Canon 7s, a Leica screw mount camera and, therefore, a "Leica-copy" inspired camera. So it fits in with both "RF" and "Leica" catagories. It does have a Nikon S adapter. But that is within the canon (sorry) as Nikon lenses have been used on Leica cameras (David Donald Ducan being a prime example). That it uses Nikon S RF lenes with the Nikon S adapter reenforces its RFness. The second shot is with a Leica M6 and a 'cron 35/2 ASH. What else is there to say? I mean, you know, do question the Queen of England's pedigree? Now both pix were shot in traditional RF fashion: the first at eye-level and by focusing the until the two little images came together; the second at waist-level ("blind"). Given the above, I believe that we would not be too far off by venturing that these were indeed shot in the rangefinder style. (What time is it out there in Australia?)

Cheers.