W/NW 2022 Pic-O'-The-Week #30

From the archives (2009) ...

[ATTACH=full]1434737[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1434738[/ATTACH]

Leica M8

Tri-Elmar (50mm)

Just what I needed to see Bill, excellent. I just purchased a 28-35-50 MATE (first version) with hiking and landscapes in mind, it's nice to see how well it performs in the wild. I have an Alaska trip planned for next month and except when I need to use my 21/2.8 Elmarit, I plan to keep it attached as much as possible. The frequent lens changes slowed me down and dust getting on the sensor was a constant battle!

• Like 1

.... I just purchased a 28-35-50 MATE (first version) with hiking and landscapes in mind, it's nice to see how well it performs in the wild. ...
It's a wonderful travel lens and it performs up to the standards of its prime piers. Selling it was one of the many stupid moves I've made over the years.

FWIW, the lens formulas are identical on both versions of the lens; the only real advantage of vs. II is the depth of field scales for each FL.

• Like 1

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

It's a wonderful travel lens and it performs up to the standards of its prime piers. Selling it was one of the many stupid moves I've made over the years.

FWIW, the lens formulas are identical on both versions of the lens; the only real advantage of vs. II is the depth of field scales for each FL.

A common complaint was the speed, but for my purposes that's no factor. I've always wanted one of these but the prices were a bit out of range. I finally found one that's not pretty, but functional at a great price; it's all I need, especially if I'm going to be on the trail with it. I've seen pictures of the DOF scale on version 2... it looks like an electronics wiring diagram!

My contributions are scant.

The first an old shot from my M6 - you can tell film from the grain, dust marks, etc. I think it would have been a summitar, but memory evades me lately:

1144436687_week301.jpg.cf43aa1e2193502a2e92daf55d32c5f8.jpg

The next is a shot of the support worker who comes to help my stepson Shawn, both are in it, as is my beautiful spouse. It's an indulgence, I know. Shawn looks, as he does normally, vacant and glazed.

1749584155_week302.thumb.jpg.cd5a6f3d68f14b0af35aa5529d1d7dc8.jpg

Regards, Arthur (apiarist1). Once my arm gets better, I'll be out and about again.

• Like 5