W/NW 2022 Pic-O'-The-Week #29

I'm looking forward to showing the street scene Summitar image to a late friends widow who just found his 1951 IIIf BD/Summitar. He hadn't used it in over 20 years. My IIIf BD garage sale special also sat for decades before Gus@TLC restored it with the 50 Elmar. Wonderful daylight street camera.

Thanks Christopher. This was shot wide-open; my Summitar copy is a rare coated example from the last batch made after Summicron production had begun.

• Like 1

"Dick Tracy"

[ATTACH=full]1434148[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1434149[/ATTACH]

1949 Canon IIb. Jupiter 12 (35 mm) 400 Tmax 400 rated at ISO 200. Microdol-X (straight) 9' at 21ºC

Almost a boulevard of broken dreams, in reverse. Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean. It's a great shot. I continue to be impressed (at times) with the jupiters. Bravo. Arthur.

• Like 2

So my meagre contributions. Had a motorcycle accident two weeks ago - ridiculously went for a run (guzzi breva). Wingham to Gloucester and back. Lovely run. Some beautiful NSW country.1367235521_funerallilly1.thumb.jpg.ff084898b493782d744e2597834a5084.jpg

Wished I'd taken a camera. All fine till I got home, and fell over just going into the driveway. Damaged left arm. It's hard to take photos with only one arm functioning. Been a lesson. So herewith, all with monochrom and 75mm go to lens. My mother called them 'funeral lillies':

954125091_funerallillies2.thumb.jpg.8768e118e8369612a25928009b9f9523.jpg

All a bit sloppy. Bad focussing. My heart goes out to those who seek to capture the moment and have to deal with loss of function. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

Edited by arthur_mcculloch|2
  • Like 5

I think the Jupiter 12 are the ugliest but best LTMs that exist

Yes, Luis Triguez. A copy of the biogon. If you get a good example, it's home. But I've found it a bit of a lottery with russian lenses. I've always been afraid to use the J12 on my leicas (though I have used the J9, 85mm, with an adapter - a sonnar clone). The large rear lens daunts me. I've just acquired an helios 44, a biotar clone, with adapter, and will try to use it soon. Keep safe. Thank you for that wonderful image. Regards, Arthur (Apiarist1)

• Like 1