W/NW 2021 Pic-O'-The-Week #3

allancobb

Welcome everyone to Week 3 of 2022, the Leica and Rangefinders W/NW Thread! Here is a "reflective" view alongside a wooded Maryland trail.

[ATTACH=full]1415016[/ATTACH]

Leica M8, 35mm f/2.5 Voigtländer Color-Skopar PII

Welcome everyone to Week 3 of 2022, the Leica and Rangefinders W/NW Thread! Here is a "reflective" view alongside a wooded Maryland trail.

[ATTACH=full]1415016[/ATTACH]

Leica M8, 35mm f/2.5 Voigtländer Color-Skopar PII

The reflection makes you think that you are actually looking up. Neat.

• Like 2

I've been isolating so how about some from my last wander around India pre-pandemic......

All with M4 and 21mm Super Angulon on Tri-X in 1:1 D76

Down a Delhi back alley

IMG04294.thumb.jpg.e55a1b1db04ac924926dd027c98aff8d.jpg

A grab shot. As I walked by, caught motion in the corner of my eye. When I saw what it was, swung the camera up and got this shot. I usually leave the lens set near the hyper-focal distance for times when there's no time to focus accurately. 21mm DOF is also a big help.

Puducherry, South India

IMG04354.jpg.d087397168fa557c9e6749e78212aa92.jpg

Spectators at a bocce game. The fellow in front turned at the exact instant the shutter was released.

Puducherry

IMG04359.jpg.c5e844a4c39b404d1fcae38f46004761.jpg

• Like 5

I've been isolating so how about some from my last wander around India pre-pandemic......

Down a Delhi back alley

[ATTACH=full]1415127[/ATTACH]

A grab shot. As I walked by, caught motion in the corner of my eye. When I saw what it was, swung the camera up and got this shot. I usually leave the lens set near the hyper-focal distance for times when there's no time to focus accurately. 21mm DOF is also a big help.

Puducherry, South India

[ATTACH=full]1415128[/ATTACH]

Spectators at a bocce game. The fellow in front turned at the exact instant the shutter was released.

Puducherry

[ATTACH=full]1415129[/ATTACH]

Now, they are good. The lack of smog dates them. How goes it with covid in India? I would suspect disastrous. I too, like you, am isolating. Now triple jabbed, but it's been bad news here. Will try to post a couple of old shots. Keep safe. Regards, Arthur.

Like GlennS, our family has been isolating (relatively speaking) and dealing with the world thru masks. So a couple of old shots. The first done with a IIIf, summitar 50mm, FP4, and a bit of 'pushing' in lightroom. The second with the monochrom, 75mm go to lens. Keep safe. We've been told that the omicron variant has just about reached its peak here. Who knows? Whatever, herewith my photos. You will note the problems I have with lint free processing, also cropping issues. Sometimes good, sometimes pretty atrocious:

m6304.thumb.jpg.3a640cdda7bf6ff0ab006fa01c3fa024.jpg

winter5.thumb.jpg.64ea2ef458d105894e9f8ca3867db6a2.jpg

We have 'Australia Day' this coming Wednesday. I hope to get some shots. It is a contentious and divisive day. For some celebrating settlement, for others, regretting invasion. Keep safe. Regards, Arthur

• Like 5

Down a Delhi back alley

[ATTACH=full]1415127[/ATTACH]

Puducherry, South India

[ATTACH=full]1415128[/ATTACH]

Puducherry

[ATTACH=full]1415129[/ATTACH]

GlennS, a couple of ex-India shots of mine. I envy you. It is such a rich country, Full of diversity, let alone electrical wiring - I suspect it resembles Vietnam - and generosity (I spent a week in the ram mohan lohia hospital back in the 1980's). These are not rangefinder shots, but you evoked some old memories for me:

The first, if it works, a young woman:

271839562_youngwoman.jpg.7e25d3c948b39a3700ad89ef30fb1307.jpg

The second, a young man

60814909_youngman.thumb.jpg.bfdc939c971e6be949565d82875a5824.jpg

The third a young boy dressed up as a girl - touristic: we were on a tour and they promised a dance, but young girls could not be let out at night. So, their brothers dressed up.

boy-girl.thumb.jpg.98678a2be973e15540546bce0824a7d1.jpg

Again I envy you. Such diversity, such richness. I should say that the ram mohan lohia hospital was exemplary. Amoebiasis is not something you want on a holiday. These days it's covid. Keep safe, keep well, get vaccinated, double shot and booster. Regards, Arthur, and thank you for the reminders of my past in your excellent photographs.

Edited by arthur_mcculloch|2
  • Like 5

may invite folks to join in who use rangefinderish looking cameras but technically are not rangefinders?

Actually, if you look back, many of us have been doing this all along. I figure anything with a viewfinder is sorta 'game'.:rolleyes:

"finder" but no "range"

464927234_Taxona--Penti.jpg.ea87cea0a66a51ed929620359ea0a503.jpg

(then, I have often been a scofflaw)

• Like 5