W/NW 2021 Pic-O'-The-Week #14

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by Bill Blackwell Images, Apr 8, 2021.

1. It is now time for me to announce that beginning next week (#15), Allan Cobb ("allancobb") will host these W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week threads. I thought it time to pass on this responsibility to some new blood who will bring new inspiration to this weekly thread. Allan is a long-time contributor and recently retired. Please show your continued support by generously contributing your work. Your continued contributions encourage us to keep these weekly threads going. Please join me in welcoming Allan as our new W/NW thread "host"!

L1000853P(B&W).jpg

L1000854P(B&W).jpg

L1000846PC(B&W).jpg

L1000855P(B&W).jpg
    Leica M10-P
    CV 40mm Nokton f/1.2
    B&W via Nik (Panatomic-X)

2. Really like that third image, and welcome Allan!

M6 and 24mm f3.8 Elmar with Kodak Ektar 100, a morning row on the lake.

[​IMG]

3. 011L&R Tejados Gente Abajo Plaza Chinchón TeleElmar135.jpg

014L&R Balcones Plaza Chinchón TeleElmar135.jpg
    Leica M4-2. Tele-Elmar 135. Fuji Superia X 400

4. Strip Mall

Ricoh 500 rangefinder

Ricoh-500-101119-16Ae.jpg

5. I wonder what's the story about the last shot - the locks. Thanks Billblackwellphotography.Just a magic job. Keep safe, keep well, get vaccinated (we can't here in Oz, courtesy of our Government. Regards Arthur (apiarist1)

6. Fed-2 / Jupiter-8, Astrum 400 @ 250, Pyrocat HDC & V600 scan. Aloha, Bill 2k21-017-007 ces3 bc bm 4x6.jpg

7. Its just an odd thing - those locks hanging from a gate. ... But the story is this: The Portuguese Bend Reserve, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA, has restricted access after-hours. When the entrance gate is locked to the public certain municipalities (utility companies and other vendors) have access - each has their own lock.

ericphelps likes this.
  8. Thank you so much for the warm welcome Bill and everyone, I'm looking forward to it! I can only hope to do the job half as well as Bill has over the years and will do my best to ensure this thread continues to be the excellent one that it is.

So until then, here's a sunset from the beach at Assateague National Wildlife Refuge, Virginia.

[​IMG]

M240, Canon 50mm f/1.4 LTM (with adapter)

9. IMG3093.jpg

Glassblower working quartz with oxy-hydrogen flame. Quartz has a much higher softening temperature than Pyrex.
    M4, 35mm Summilux

10. It's a good shot - dare I say it; a Jonathon Livingston Seagull shot. I'll look forward to your 'moderation', allancobb. Bravo to you. and welcome. Regards, Arthur, apiarist1.

allancobb likes this.
  11. So my contribution. We went to an engagement party today. The son of one of our ex part time pastors. All WASPS, no indigenous people, only one from Asian heritage. There you go. So, these photos all with my monochrom and go to 75mm Voigtlander/Cosina lens, with a bit of ramped up iso:

The engaged couple:

engagement-2.jpg

The person who will be either the bridesmaid, or.....

engagement-11.jpg

The mother of the male to be married, and her friend:

engagement-5.jpg

And an attendee (you should know - the antipodes is the land that dentristy forgot:

engagement-9.jpg

Keep safe, keep well, get vaccinated. Took some shots on my M6, yet to be developed (haven't used up the film). Regards, Arthur.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  12. Many thanks Arthur, and great portraits as always!

luis triguez likes this.
  13. Dug out some oldies taken with a Leica IIIF and old collapsable 50 mm Elmar LTM.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]