W/NW 2020 Pic-O'-The-Week #9

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by Bill Blackwell Images, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Leica M10-P
    75mm Heliar Classic VM
    L1000046P-2PC.jpg L1000057PC.jpg L1000052P.jpg

2. Fed-2 / Jupiter-8, 100TMax, Hypercat & V600 scan. Aloha, Bill 2k20-021-021 ces10 bc bm.jpg

3. Been a quiet week for me - other than the local panic that seems to have set in: as I usually do, I call into Woolies on the way home to get dinner. Shelves had been stripped bare - no toilet paper, no hand sanitiser, no paracetamol. Ahem. Also, I couldn't find the negatives of the 'virgins' caps' in the Church at Eyam, taken with my retina IIc. So here some (very) older shots taken with my retina. So old, I can't recognise them, but I think taken on or about 2002, in or around Vancouver. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1).

retina1.jpg

retina2.jpg

retina3.jpg

4. Now, that is good JDM. Again, tell me about it. How you did it. The luminosity is captivating. How did you control the granularity - whatever, it's good. Nice to see an abstract here. Regards, Arthur

I don't want to catastrophize, and it's out of place here. So moderator, remove this if you warrant. I here read articles like this: Trump Criticizes Media for Coverage of Coronavirus. It's a worry. I know some of the history of the black death (pneumonic plague), the white death (syphilis), the red death (tuberculosis) as they succesivleyy moved over Europe. I don't know what a subaltern country can do about the American hegemony when it's President is tharn ( a word from 'Watership Down', which I've found useful). Perhaps just grin and bear it?.

In the meantime, JDM, I'm dropping out of this forum. Best wishes. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

5. So much for refocusing, eh Arthur.
    Hit and run.
    No matter, undefended positions seldom stand.
    America has always done her job stemming the tide in such cases.
    I expect this event will be no different.
    I expect you know the difference between the history of the Black Death in its Historical context and Corona in its context.
    But that probably does not reinforce you personal political bias.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    arthur_mcculloch|2 likes this.
  6. [​IMG] Road Trip . . .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Southern Oregon/Northern California - last pic is Mt. Shasta

7. fuji X-T30, 35mm 1.4/f

A5BD3E6C-9A9B-4E95-AA49-418FEC6A77E6_1_201_a.jpeg

8. Image (468)RT.jpg Retina IIIC TMAX 100 From the Sink

9. Barry, did you use a filter to bring out the clouds?

11. Thanks Barry, those sure were great clouds

12. [​IMG]

The end is in sight - 38th Edition of In the Footsteps of the 82nd Airborne - February 2020
    Leica IIIc, Leitz 3.5cm f/3.5 Elmar, Fomapan 100

13. :). Thanks - same trip different place:
    [​IMG]Untitled by Barry Fisher

14. I've looked at clouds from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's cloud's illusions I recall
    I really don't know clouds at all...

15. Joni Mitchel ?

16. Uh huh.
    Roger Whittaker as well.

17. Nice to remember the good old stuff, brought a smile and good memories.

18. That's good. I wish I knew you, properly, face to face. I think I share many of your views. But whatever, the plague comes. And it will be horrendous. I went shopping yesterday morning at Coles; it was a cross between the hunger games, sharkado, and roller ball. I despair at my own country's political 'leadership' - 'hello, I'm Scotty from marketing' and his bleats about it's all normal. And I despair about the US and the narcissistic sociopath who is its President. We are walking into a catastrophe, and it will unfold. I pray to God that you and yours will be safe.

But what to do? Taking my prompt from the social histories of the black death (I must admit, I am not tutored in the 'spanish' flu history, nor SARS, and my knowledge of the black death only comes from my study of it as a precursor to the reformations), my wife and I went out dancing last night. A 'Blues Brothers' repro. Here they are:

View attachment 1333307

And some of the patrons: