W/NW 2020 Pic-O'-The-Week #5

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by Bill Blackwell Images, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Leica MP
    21mm Asph Elmarit-M
    05190003p(B&W).jpg
    05190001p(B&W).jpg 05190002p(B&W).jpg
    Los Angeles, CA
    Space and Science Museum
    Near USC Campus

2. Fed-2 / Jupiter-8, UFX400, Hypercat & V600 scan. Aloha, Bill 2k20-006-001 ces3 bc bm.jpg

3. FED-2-PAN.jpg
    FED-2 w 50mm Industar 26M, Ektar 100

4. We had 'Australia Day' last weekend - like many countries, we have not been able to avoid the recrudescence of nationalism. And Australia Day has been fraught with disputes. I had posted some heavily doctored analogue shots on classic manual cameras of the early morning ceremony (using a canon Vt, and lomography's Earl Grey b&w - probably Foma or Efke - I will persist with it, but did not find it attractive. Bill Bowes, your shot makes me think I will try the aqua obsidian next time). These shots are taken with my monochrom and go to 75mm lens. The early morning ceremony was poorly attended, and mainly by elderly folk (like me). As a result, women outnumbered the men. So the shots:

First, the official party and speechifiers:

Oz day 8.jpg

Then some shots of some of the people who attended. Lions/Rotary did a sterling job cooking high fat, high salt, offal tubes on white bread, as well as coffee and tea. The absence of flag paraphernalia was notable:

Oz day 6.jpg

Oz day 7.jpg

Oz day 5.jpg

Oz day 4.jpg

Regards, Arthur (Apiarist1)

5. JDM, what you do with a Fed 2 beggars my mind. I have Fed 2's, rarely used. So tell me how you got the panoramic look. The colour is 'garish, disco lurex', and I like it. I prefer my zorki 5 to a Fed 2 (I have several, not unique), so may get it going this week. Well done JDM (and I am remiss. I am not sure what appellation you would want. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

LMar likes this.
  6. The panoramic view is two side-by-side overlapping images stitched together in Photoshop.
    The color is Ektar 100 which, for better or for worse, tends toward dramatic with a little underexposure. The 'day-glo' temporary fencing helped.

My Zorki (made into a Swedish Army Leica) is OK, but various FEDs have been my mainstay.

LMar likes this.
  7. Got around to finally process some more images from Bettendorf two weeks ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bettendorf Bridge Crossing 1945-2020
    Leica M-E, 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1

8. lux-velvia100.jpg

MP, 35 mm 'lux, Velvia 100

9. Magnolia (Mobil Oil) Building in downtown Dallas (Pegasus just visible on top), with the same period Adolphus hotel to the left, with the Leica CL and 11-23mm Vario-Elmar.

[​IMG]

10. That's really beautiful, stric1975. I keep coming back to look at it. Calming in a strange world. Well done. And thanks.

LMar likes this.
  11. LMar and Bill Blackwell Images like this.
  12. Striking and impressive, that, the Blackbird definitely is. Concorde, on the other hand, was a thing of beauty.

LMar and MarcelRomviel like this.
  13. Thanks Arthur. It's an old photo (a couple of years old) of my favorite spot on Cedar Lake in Minneapolis, MN. It doesn't look anything like that these days, for it's the middle of winter in Minnesota, and the lake is frozen.

LMar likes this.
  14. Hard to believe something that sleek and fast was built in the 1960s (top speed 2,193 mph - better than Mach 3) and retired. Still the fastest air-breathing (jet-powered) manned aircraft ever built!

MarcelRomviel and LMar like this.
  15. Thanks stric1975. I will post, and be indulgent - mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa - a few more of Oz day here. Not good. Our club (bowling) has been thru some trying times. Manager resigned under a 'cloud'. You get the drift. So much anger. I sometimes like to think I'm doing ethnography here, and it is not sometimes good. They are angry. And hurt:

Oz day 9.jpg

Oz day 10.jpg

Oz day 11.jpg

Oz day 12.jpg

I can now reset my card. Not a good start to the year. So it goes. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

16. 317F3AE4-F98F-42CB-9080-9937DC393877.jpeg Austin, TX. Leica M2, 50mm Summicron and Tri-X in D76.

17. That's good LMar. Really good. Wished I were there. Your photo calls. Bravo.

LMar likes this.
  18. Thanks very much!