W/NW 2020 Pic-O'-The-Week #42

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by Bill Blackwell Images, Oct 22, 2020.

1. First - thank you to all who've contributed these last few weeks. Your participation encourages more activity and keeps us (mainly Barry Fisher and I - along with others) who start these threads encouraged to keep them going every week! So with that, I'll start this week's W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week with a group of snaps I took in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA over these last few weeks.

L1000267P(B&W).jpg L1000291P(B&W).jpg L1000282PCR(B&W).jpg L1000264P(B&W).jpg
    Leica M10-P
    50mm Asph Summilux
    B&W conversions via Nik [simulated Panatomic-X]

2. Fed-3 / N-61, EDU 200, Pyrocat HDC & V600 scan. Aloha, Bill 2k20-083-005 ces5 bc bm 4x6.jpg

3. They are good. I particularly like the locks photo. Who is Hawaiian Islands? Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

Bill Blackwell Images likes this.
  4. [​IMG]

A photo from our Centenary of the 3rd Battle of Passchendaele photo booth at the MMP back in 2017 featuring a friend who passed away yesterday.
    Leica M-E, CZJ 50mm f/1.5 Sonnar in LTM from 1943.

5. 3-antenna.jpg
    Canon VL2 (LTM) Industar 61
    0-Canon-VL2-w-Industar-61.jpg

6. ei_20200626_534.jpg
    Youth, happiness, playfulness, and smiles. Don't ever grow up, Mirza. It's a trap.
    (
    MP, 35 mm 'cron, Acros 100)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  7. Very nice feel. I don't know if the image was heavily post processed or if it's due to the vintage Sonnar, but this image certainly has a very nice classic feel to it.

8. Dave Pearce, a friend of mine - and co-minister - who lives in the area.

9. I only let the RAW conversion software do it's thing with the 'automatic' option. The only other touch-ups are full desaturation and a slight contrast tweak.

image tax;

[​IMG]

Same event, same gear.

10. Well, that seems to work pretty well for you.

11. That is so good. Better than a 'like'. Bravo. Arthur (apiarist1)

12. My contributions, again with the monochrom and 75mm lens. Taken at dinner last night of entertainment. First the performers:

saturday-4.jpg

saturday-3.jpg

Then a couple of the patrons, one trying to look like John Belushi

saturday-2.jpg

saturday-5.jpg

Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

13. 008L&R Cañon Carruaje Caballos Guardia Real-WNikkorC35.jpg

007L&R Guardia a Caballo Sable Guardia Real-WNikkorC35.jpg

011L&R Chica Policía Guardia Real-WNikkorC35.jpg Leica IIIc. W-Nikkor.C 35. Fuji Superia X 400 desaturated with PS​

14. luis triguez likes this.