W/NW 2020 Pic-O'-The-Week #41

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by Bill Blackwell Images, Oct 15, 2020.

1. This week's W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week thread starts with some snaps I took in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA near Portuguese Bend just a few days ago. All with my M10-P w/ 50mm Asph Summilux. B&W conversions via Nik with Panatomix-X film simulation.

Now, let's see yours!
    L1000283P(B&W).jpg
    L1000266P(B&W).jpg L1000281P(B&W).jpg L1000276P(B&W).jpg

2. Leica CL and 18-56 Vario from Monday, Oct 12.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leica I (model E), CZJ 3-1/4cm f/2.8 Tessar (RoBot mount), Kodak Double-X

4. ei_20200626_030.jpg
    Minneapolis, June 2020 (MP, 35 mm 'cron, Acros 100)

5. Leica M9, Summicron 90mm F2
    phL1000685.jpg

6. So my shots:

Jan and I took our 58 Morris Minor on a holiday this weekend - just back from the paint shop - to a little B&B at Boolambayte, a small rural hinterland community on the mid north coast of NSW. Herewith some shots done on the monochrom:and my go to 75mm voigtlander (aka cosina)

First, the operator of the B&B:

boolambayte2.jpg

Two other guests:

boolambayte3.jpg

boolambayte4.jpg

Great weekend. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

7. So here's the Morris (these shots done with a M240 and 35 mm lens):

boolambayte9.jpg

Getting to the B&B was a bit of a challenge - ramshackle rural bridges:

boolambayte8.jpg

And the remnants of recent fires had turned some parts of the landscape into sepia, with an acrid smoke smell

boolambayte10.jpg

Nonetheless, a good weekend. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

8. From my Saturday Farmers Market in Honolulu. Fed-3 / Jupiter-8, EDU 200, Pyrocat HDC & V600 scan. Aloha, Bill 2k20-083-018 ces5 bc bm 4x6.jpg

9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hike around the Seldensate estate last weekend,
    Leica M-E, 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1

10. They are good shots. I hate to refer to Martin Heidegger - his idea that language calls. Your shots call. You have used the 7 artisans lens well. Makes me want to get mine out. Bravo and regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

11. Thanks Arthur,

I had not really used the lens (and camera) much in the last 6 months.
    Don't readily recall if the vignetting was always this strong or if it's due to the hood at the relatively wide apertures I was shooting at.

I was also carrying a Contax IIa, but only took some 10 photographs with it.

And another from the Leica....

[​IMG]

12. 017L&R Espuerta Carro-Chinchón Elm5 f5.6 1-60 (1).jpg

017L&R Espuerta Carro-Chinchón Elm5 f5.6 1-60 (2).jpg
    Leica IIIc. Elmar 5. Tri-X 400. D-76 (1:1) 9' 45" at 20ºC​

13. They are good, luis triguez. Tell me how you control the highlights, and still get the tonal range. Bill Bowes does similar exemplary photos, but these have a depth of tonality and range. Let me know how you did it. Bravo. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

luis triguez likes this.
  14. Arthur, thank you for your words

It's been more than ten years since I went digital and I don't remember much more than how I did it, bur more or less:
    Incident light meter when you shoot.

To develop, flip the small developer tank over for the entire first minute (careful not to shake it violently) Then only once (upside-down) every minute and hit the tank on the table a couple of times to avoid bubbles.

luis

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020 at 6:25 AM
  15. Leica M10 with Zeiss 25mm Distagon L1002298pnbwbrdr.JPG

16. The color version with Leica M10 and Zeiss 25mm. Which do you prefer-B&W or color? L1002298pnsmbrdr.JPG