W/NW 2020 Pic-O'-The-Week #16

These weekly W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week threads are meant to inspire, but participation has been - let's be kind - anemic. We're lucky to get 10 participants each week and this is becoming a chore.

So if you're lurking about and you've neglected to share a picture, please accept this as an open invitation. Any RF (or Leica wannabe) will do! In order to keep these W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week threads alive, I'm in need of some inspiration!

L1000092P2.thumb.jpg.4527c67bdaaf8e93f8415d05b5a10c41.jpg L1001858PC.thumb.jpg.d3ed032709b7bfbaea5cccc707ba3fba.jpg L1001124P.thumb.jpg.4cbdf6ef9eddec1ef60651344ac08c78.jpg

Leica M10-P (1st pic)

Leica M-P 240 (2nd & 3rd pic)

50mm Asph Summilux-M (all three)

• Like 5

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

I think you could expand the definition of "Rangefinder". Right now it is meant to designate a specific type of camera defined by its focusing system. It could be expanded to include any small, discrete, FFL camera that adheres to the "rangefinder" shape. I've owned many rangefinder cameras in the past (Yashica Electro, IIIF, M6, Contax, Voigtlander, Olympus, etc), and now use Fuji XE1, Panasonic GF1 & GX1. I think all three fit the rangefinder ethos except for the lack of a rangefinder. They can all be focused manually btw.
  • Like 1

I think you could expand the definition of "Rangefinder". Right now it is meant to designate a specific type of camera defined by its focusing system. It could be expanded to include any small, discrete, FFL camera that adheres to the "rangefinder" shape. I've owned many rangefinder cameras in the past (Yashica Electro, IIIF, M6, Contax, Voigtlander, Olympus, etc), and now use Fuji XE1, Panasonic GF1 & GX1. I think all three fit the rangefinder ethos except for the lack of a rangefinder. They can all be focused manually btw.

There are simply far too few of us to get too rigid about it! Quite honestly, I don't care what the box is you're using; just hanging out with us Leica folks works for me.

• Like 3

– Yogi Berra

Hello Bill,

Sorry to just lurk, so here are a couple from my Leica IIIg with the Elmar 5CM 2.8 and using Rollei Retro 80S developed in Rollei Supergrain 1-12

I may have posted a few in another forum so excuse the duplicates

Thanks

Don

Awesome! You're just the sort I'm looking for. Thanks, Don!

– Yogi Berra

My photos:

the first is from using this freshly reconditioned retina IIa:

378307946_retinaIIa.thumb.jpg.562786eb23ff4a64ae7389881d44e595.jpg

The shot is of my spouse's youngest daughter, who has 'issues' and is residing with us for a, hopefully, short while (you know, while the drugs kick in and we can get them stabilised). She is a lovely young woman, it has been a pleasure to have her with us. My heart sings out to those who find the world overwhelming. I wish I could do more:

emma1.jpg.5348582a9dcb9bdd0de879010746e410.jpg

Done with FP4 with the retina - a really bad high contrast situation.

Herewith one with my monochrom (not the newest. I've started putting money aside for that; perhaps in several years I may be able to afford it):

emma2.thumb.jpg.ad0935ac6abc6dbe5e410f04f55850d6.jpg

• Like 5

I think it's simple: either a rangefinder camera, or any other type of camera with a Leica lens or body.

ei_20200126_003.thumb.jpg.b904c8e743ce8ea1b1f0bf6c23b8489c.jpg

Frankly, back in the days they used to make proper buildings, with solid construction, long lasting materials were used, actual decorations were in some ways works of art, word disposable was hardly used, etc.Today? Oh, well, lets just say that they don't make (just about anything) the way they used to.

(Leica MP, 35 mm Summicron, Kodak TMY)

Edited by stric1975
  • Like 5

Hello Bill,

Sorry to just lurk, so here are a couple from my Leica IIIg with the Elmar 5CM 2.8 and using Rollei Retro 80S developed in Rollei Supergrain 1-12

I may have posted a few in another forum so excuse the duplicates

Thanks

Don

[ATTACH=full]1337823[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1337824[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1337825[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1337826[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1337827[/ATTACH]

Don, great set of B/W images, especially the water scoops. I also have a IIIg with a rebuilt 50 Elmar f2.8 that I need to use once it stops snowing here and I can again go off my property. Thanks for your contribution. I hope to see more.

Hello Christopher

Thanks for the comments, I may have to go back in the archives to post more but I have a roll of Rollei RPX 400 in the Hass 500cm and I am waiting for some batteries for the PME5 I just got to give it a test. So when things settle down I am going to put a roll of Ferrania in the Leica to test out the D96.

• Like 1

Hi guys! Just decided to use my Leica IIIf while sitting around doing nothing. Unfortunately, I've discovered that it has a multitude of pin holes in the shutter curtain so am sending it off to be fixed. But I was able to pull out this photo of the Thunderbirds doing a flyover on our local hospitals last week in honor of medical people working with Covid-19 patients. This as scanned in on my Dimage Scan Elite 5400 scanner at 36"x25" @ 200 dpi and then I hugely cropped this out of that to get rid of the pin holes ergo the extreme grainyness.wJbo0gt

wJbo0gt.jpg

• Like 5